Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review - Page 4
pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    figure out how to put in a s-bend. Probably have to get the metal tubing and custom bend it to fit around how you need. I wish manufacturers would use the metal tubing for all their sharper bends on throttle/trim cables. it's not hard to get a custom degree angle tube to match the bend for best fit.
    We have a few ideas on how to address the start/stop/tether angle.. I think a better designed aftermarket lever will be the route we take.

  2. #32
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    11

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    We did remove the battery for a while and re-connect. That did not change the situation. Since this is a brand new machine, we decided to notify Krash and the local dealer where it was purchased. We did not want to progress anymore on our own and risk voiding the warranty. So, we pulled the ski from the lake and took it to Ray C's Xtreme located in Lapeer Michigan. So far no word on a diagnosis or plan. I will post any updates as we get them. Clearly, the riding season is coming to an end in Michigan, so urgency is not an issue.
    I actually just requested info Ray C's about one they have in stock located at Imlay City before I even saw this post. Hows the service been with them so far? Trying to convince the wife to let me go pick it up. At the same time I am kinda waiting to see what their 2020 models have. Sounds like most of the issues you had are nothing major (other than the recent issue). Sounds like you would still recommend Krash even with the issues you have come across?

  3. #33
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    I actually just requested info Ray C's about one they have in stock located at Imlay City before I even saw this post. Hows the service been with them so far? Trying to convince the wife to let me go pick it up. At the same time I am kinda waiting to see what their 2020 models have. Sounds like most of the issues you had are nothing major (other than the recent issue). Sounds like you would still recommend Krash even with the issues you have come across?
    Jury is still out on the service question with Ray C's on this machine. However, they are a very high volume sales dealership with PWC being most likely their smallest segment. It appears they only have one PWC mechanic on staff and the workload is too much for them to handle even with their major brand skis.. So, if I do purchase a Krash ski from them, I would expect to service and maintain it myself and rely on them for parts. That is if they start to stock Krash parts..

    I do not consider this current issue minor since this ski has only been used for one short season. And, it only has about 20 hours on it.. So, I am becoming more and more concerned with the overall quality and reliability of the Krash products. I am beginning to lean away from a Krash purchase and if I do add another ski to my fleet, I feel a Yamaha powered machine may be the way to go.. I beat the crap out of my Air Blair's and with their tried and true Yamaha mills and pumps, they are as resilient as an aftermarket ski could be expected to be.

    I just don't think the KV 997 has shown me enough reliability yet to make a 12K or more purchase. I think the money is better spent elsewhere.. And, I really want this Krash to prove me wrong.. When it runs, it is very powerful and fun to ride. But, it is beginning to require wrenching nearly every ride. I am certain Krash will step up and replace the CDI and it will be running again. But, if it failed in less than 20 hours, I have major concerns regarding longevity and reliability.
    Last edited by JSNate; 10-07-2019 at 06:23 PM.

  4. #34
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    11

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Only one way to find out how reliable it is, Unfortunately some of us will have to take the plunge and buy it without a lot of history. My hopes would just be that Krash stands behind their Skis for as many years as the warranty says and be able to get a parts shipping center over in the US. So far I can't find any news of the KV997 engine from them grenading itself or having anything other than minor issues to this point.

  5. #35
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    Only one way to find out how reliable it is, Unfortunately some of us will have to take the plunge and buy it without a lot of history. My hopes would just be that Krash stands behind their Skis for as many years as the warranty says and be able to get a parts shipping center over in the US. So far I can't find any news of the KV997 engine from them grenading itself or having anything other than minor issues to this point.

    There is a Krash Owners Facebook page and plenty of documented issues with the KV997 engine. The warranty with this ski is 12 months. The dealer is unable to sell an extended warranty because it is a "performance" ski?

    The issues I have read of and heard of firsthand from owners, seem consistent with this machine as we continue to log riding hours. The issues range from electrical failures, engine failures, broken engine mounts, broken flame arrestors and other small items as well.

    Based on our experience with this machine, my apprehension continues to grow. However, I do really like the hull and the way it rides.The build quality of the hull seems to be very good. However, time will tell as the machine gets more use. At this point I would only consider a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Krash purchase. That way I could use a Yamaha based engine with Yamaha electronics. But, that is just me... The KV997 is powerful. But, it is proving to be a handful to keep running with any reliability.

  6. #36
    I dream skis E350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sacramento Delta, CA
    Posts
    505

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    The CDI seems overly ambitious to me. I get that Krash wants a beginner to expert variable horsepower CDI. But my guess is that is over-complicated so if I am correct, maybe Krash could dial its ambitions back and make a simple bullet proof full power CDI for now and leave the more sophisticated adjustable HP CDI for the future.

    Personally, I would like to see Krash survive and become the turn-key Yamaha Super Jet replacement.

    But to do that, my guess is that Krash needs market share to survive.

    Reliability is critical to gain market share.

    Simplicity is a key to reliability.

    We need Krash to regroup and fix this.

    Because we need Krash to design and build the direct injection 2-cycle engine which is unfortunately the future for our sport.
    Learning Slowly...

  7. #37
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Quote Originally Posted by E350 View Post
    The CDI seems overly ambitious to me. I get that Krash wants a beginner to expert variable horsepower CDI. But my guess is that is over-complicated so if I am correct, maybe Krash could dial its ambitions back and make a simple bullet proof full power CDI for now and leave the more sophisticated adjustable HP CDI for the future.

    Personally, I would like to see Krash survive and become the turn-key Yamaha Super Jet replacement.

    But to do that, my guess is that Krash needs market share to survive.

    Reliability is critical to gain market share.

    Simplicity is a key to reliability.

    We need Krash to regroup and fix this.

    Because we need Krash to design and build the direct injection 2-cycle engine which is unfortunately the future for our sport.



    I agree that the CDI is way too complicated. And, quite frankly I don't think a low or mid power mode is necessary or even wanted by owners. This is a ski people will purchase to perform way beyond the beginner, intermediate level. So, as you stated.. Make the CDI simple and durable.

    I would really like to see Krash do well. I just think the RTP skis need some attention to detail and the focus needs to be reliability.

  8. #38
    I dream skis
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    SRQ FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    592

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Reading through this thread has only killed my urge to buy a Krash at this point. I hate the unreliability of the stuff I already have, I would hate to buy a $13k turdbox. Scary.
    2009 Kawasaki SXR800 / FPP dry pipe

    1989 Kawasaki JETMATE 750BP swap

  9. #39
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,055
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    The CDI is not that complicated. Look at the Zeeltronics. You can switch between two curves on the fly. Then again it is using Yamaha 760 electronics. Krash is only company that is trying to push the sport forward so I hope nothing but the best for them.
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

  10. #40
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    11

    Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

    Hey if your interested in selling

    I mean who would turn down a customer tested and broken in ski?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0