Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    The angle for the start switch is so that you do not bump the stop switch as easily while ridding. Most freestyle and surf riders put there start/stop in the same spot.

Keep the reviews and videos coming!

Actually the way the trim lever is made will not allow clearance for the stop/start to be in the normal position. It hits the billet brace.. I really see no advantage to having it at this angle. The buttons are recessed enough that they would not be a bumping issue in any position. We are going to consider a different lever over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by fx1dave View Post
    He looks like he getting a good feel for the ride.
    Both very nice setups.
    Need to get a boat wake jump session vid for us.
    Yes.. We have friend on the lake with a really high quality drone.. He plans to get some video of us riding.

PWCToday Newbie

I relocated and rotated my start switch for now but plan on replacing the trim lever with a different one as well.

Start Switch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SargentShultz View Post
    I relocated and rotated my start switch for now but plan on replacing the trim lever with a different one as well.

Start Switch.jpg

Good idea! Yea... That angle of the billet puts the cable in the way.. I think Krash should re-design the lever or use one from Thrust or Blowsion. Needs to be at 90* to allow cable clearance. the start/stop needs to be next to the grip for easy access and use.
    Last edited by JSNate; 09-16-2019 at 03:53 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    Good idea! Yea... That angle of the billet puts the cable in the way.. I think Krash should re-design the lever or use one from Thrust or Blowsion. Needs to be at 90* to allow cable clearance. the start/stop needs to be next to the grip for easy access and use.
    I agree.
    I plan on replacing the trim lever and moving the switch back over closer to the grip.

Well... Some of the concerns I have read regarding these RTP skis are starting to show up with this ski.. After a ten minute ride, the Foot Rocket stalled abruptly and would not re-start.. It was not a seizure, but rather an electrical failure of some kind. She will crank, but there is no spark or LED's lit up to indicate the CDI is functional.

We will delve into it, but is seems like a flat out failure of the CDI.. From what I have read, this is a common issue with the KV 997 set up.

I will post more as we figure this out.

We know it is not the fuse.. As we had a fuse failure two weeks ago and the ski would not even crank over. This time, the ski cranks, but no spark and no LED..
    Last edited by JSNate; 09-23-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    Well... Some of the concerns I have read regarding these RTP skis are starting to show up with this ski.. After a ten minute ride, the Foot Rocket stalled abruptly and would not re-start.. It was not a seizure, but rather an electrical failure of some kind. She will crank, but there is no spark or LED's lit up to indicate the CDI is functional.

We will delve into it, but is seems like a flat out failure of the CDI.. From what I have read, this is a common issue with the KV 997 set up.

I will post more as we figure this out.

We know it is not the fuse.. As we had a fuse failure two weeks ago and the ski would not even crank over. This time, the ski cranks, but no spark and no LED..

Any update? Did you find out what's wrong? Curious.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

Is there a way to reset the CDI? remove the ground wire from the battery for a few minutes and try it again?
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

PWCToday Newbie

figure out how to put in a s-bend. Probably have to get the metal tubing and custom bend it to fit around how you need. I wish manufacturers would use the metal tubing for all their sharper bends on throttle/trim cables. it's not hard to get a custom degree angle tube to match the bend for best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Is there a way to reset the CDI? remove the ground wire from the battery for a few minutes and try it again?
    We did remove the battery for a while and re-connect. That did not change the situation. Since this is a brand new machine, we decided to notify Krash and the local dealer where it was purchased. We did not want to progress anymore on our own and risk voiding the warranty. So, we pulled the ski from the lake and took it to Ray C's Xtreme located in Lapeer Michigan. So far no word on a diagnosis or plan. I will post any updates as we get them. Clearly, the riding season is coming to an end in Michigan, so urgency is not an issue.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information