User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

14 superjet freeride/freestyle recommendations

I have a 14 superjet and i want to build it up in to a freeride/style ski. I don't really want to touch the block if i don't have to but my plan was Bpipe, bigger carbs with vforce reeds, prop, intake grate, ride plate and then the showy stuff like 0 degree bars and odi grips, billet trigger throttle, blowsion steering system and hydro turf.
    So im look for recommendations on parts mostly the pith of the prop and if im not doing something i should to make it awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Re: 14 superjet freeride/freestyle recommendations

Sounds like you are off to a great start. This is something no 2 guys will agree on your to do list. As far as the motor goes & assuming your not getting into the motor for porting I would do Factory B pipe, keep the 38 mm carbs but do a primer kit, MSD cdi, milled head, And ask John Ziggler about impeller / pump mods. This thing will rock. I am running some pretty old school impellers on my stuff & need to update at some point as well. Good luck, m Steve C.

Thanks for the reply! What should i look for with the milled head? Do you have any suggestions on manufacturers?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home theVetteman3's Avatar

For freestyle with those bars, the steering will become way too slow. I believe its KP industries that makes a little steering adapter piece to bring the rod end closer to the nozzle pivot centerline. Really makes the ski feel much more nimble. The alternative is a pre 08 cable with a custom cable mount on the pole. Be careful with the Blowsion steering as it may give you more travel than the stock cable allows. It should reach its stops prior to the cable end stops.

I would do this nozzle mod 1000000 times over prior to a pipe or anything else. In fact, that's what I did. My second 09 is bone stock but this mod, bars, and intake and i love that thing.

I also have three OEM ride plates. Stock, stock length d cut, and flush to end of hull d cut. The d cut stock length helps get the nose up more while riding, good for better slow maneuverability and wake jumping. Yet you can still carve up a storm with it. I actually havent had the need to try the flush d cut plate yet.

The worx 228 intake grate really improved hook up
    Last edited by theVetteman3; 07-14-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    1985 JS550/800 "Pretty Red": Newmiller 800, Rhaas 750 pump conv. [56.3mph gps]
    2009 1100 SJ:
    Kawi 1100 build in progress
    2009 SJ MINT:
    KP steering adaptor, Worx 228 intake, PWR ride plate [47.3mph gps]
    1987 WJ650:
    6M6, JD Intake Grate, 17/20, Coffmans Sizzler [48.5mph gps]
    1994 XiR: 830cc Superstock, PJS side draft, 13/18 swirl [53.7mph gps]
    1995 SJ MINT:
    Worx 205 intake [42.5mph gps]

Thread Information