Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 95 WaveRaider?

PWCToday Newbie

95 WaveRaider?

What's your thoughts? Good or bad for a first time owner? I'm looking for something I can turn the kids loose on and not have to worry (to much, I know that it's old) about them making it home. Reliability is #1...

Thanks!

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 95 WaveRaider?

I just bought one as a first time owner, the 1100. Thing is an absolute blast, but definitely a bit powerful and 40 on choppy water feels like 80. Got tossed good hitting a wake at a terrible angle.

PWCToday Newbie

I figure we'll learn how to ride them and have plenty of whipeouts! I'm fine with that as long as they are fun and not a constant chore to keep running.
    Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

I've heard of the 2 cylinder 760's lasting over 800 hours without rebuild, assuming proper maintenance. Have heard the triples (1100) don't last quite as long. Be sure to check the compression on each cylinder before buying.

I'm working on my 4th summer with mine, it's been fun but I've had my share of issues. I'm currently dealing with my third repair. If you don't pay too much for it getting things fixed doesn't hurt so bad.
    Regardless of what you have, the kids need to stay where other boaters are and know how to use the tow rope that you store under the seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

It's a pair of 701cc ski's. They had their top ends rebuilt 7yrs ago. He said he has the carbs gone through every 2yrs.
    Asking price is $3k for the pair.

Now here is the issue... I have two kids but don't really feel like I "need" two ski's. I'm sure having two is fun, but would I be better off spending $3k on a newer ski, or is this a good deal?

PWCToday Newbie

We've had a 701 waveraider since early 2000's. Its the only ski we've had that we haven't had an issue with. We did rebuild the carbs a couple years ago. I'd love to have an 1100. I think for a first time ski they're a blast.

PWCToday Newbie

I bought my 1100 for $1100 with a trailer, though the gauge does not work and there was a little damage at the gunwale that I temporarily fixed with Marine epoxy putty and will fiberglass after the season.

To my tow rope point, if you get the twin skis at least they can tow in if one goes down. And then as well you still have one to ride while fixing the other; I'm just stating a likely reality as opposed to shining a negative light on it.
    Mine is an 1100 btw, a real beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

Sounds like (mostly) pretty good experiences. I'm going to meet the guy at the lake on Saturday. What should I look for, or be cautious about. What red flags do these machines throw out there?

Bushpilot63 - I took your tow rope comment as just practical preparedness. My vehicles all have jumper cables and a tow strap. It's just good practice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information