Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

96 Wave Venture 1100 CDI replacement

I have been having a no spark issue on my wave venture for the last month and after testing everything I have come to the conclusion that i need a new CDI. Does anyone know of an aftermarket one that would work with the 1100 motor? All i am finding is ones that work with the 700 only. Trying to save a few bucks and not dish out the $500 for the new Yamaha one..

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 96 Wave Venture 1100 CDI replacement

There are no aftermarket CDIs available for the triple anymore. Used to be some back in the early 2000s but long ago gone. There are typically a few on ebay used from time to time. I would go that route as a new YAMI one is almost what the ski is worth now. The other option is replacing the electrics with full set from the 65U 1200 engine which moves the CDI to a remote location [firewall] so the constant heat and vibration do not kill it again. the 65 U is supposedly a bit more efficient with spark timing too. Unfortunately, you have to remove/replace the engine front cover and stator assembly at the same time.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nightrider05's Avatar

Re: 96 Wave Venture 1100 CDI replacement

Quote Originally Posted by dawnpatrl05 View Post
    I have been having a no spark issue on my wave venture for the last month and after testing everything I have come to the conclusion that i need a new CDI. Does anyone know of an aftermarket one that would work with the 1100 motor? All i am finding is ones that work with the 700 only. Trying to save a few bucks and not dish out the $500 for the new Yamaha one..
    I sent you a PM. I have a complete electrical system for much much less than a new CDI will cost you. From a running machine.

Thread Information