• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myself
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Jun 2006

Re: Another 640 Tigersaki build

I decided to change out those wrist wrecking handlebars today. Who the hell designed those? They measured out at 28*!!!! I checked out the stockers on the 650sx and they were the same! So now the Tigersaki has some 6* bars which are also slightly wider, and the 650sx has some 14* bars.........not sure even where I got those?? I also addressed the pole pad on the 650sx while it was backed in the shop. The duct tape just wasn't cuttin' it anymore. Fixed the gouged out foam, wrapped it with a little poly, then covered it with some cheapo stretch vinyl stuff they had at hobby lobby. It will all get done right in the future with new turf.
    Attached Files
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• Myself
      • Jun 2006

Nothing new to report.....haven't had time to go do any more test-n-tune. BUT....thanks to info from other members who have built these, we know you MUST have a support for the pipe. Otherwise the harmonics cause an up and down motion that WILL crack the pipe. Crack prone area highlighted in this pic.
      Attached Files

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
      +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• Myself
        • Jun 2006

Tonight I grabbed some scrap stainless from my bin and finangled up a pipe support. The brackets will easily unbolt from the head and exhaust manifold to facilitate pipe removal.
        Attached Files

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• Myself
          • Jun 2006

I got a bit of riding in this evening with the exhaust bracket.........WOW, that pipe vibrates A LOT! The whole machine is noticeably smoother now. I can understand how that would crack a pipe. I forgot my tiny tach but I'm definately nowhere near the 6800 rpm rev limit that the 640 cdi has. All around power feels very linear with no real peakiness. The straighter bars make a big difference to how my wrists feel too. I just generally rode around about 20-30 minutes feeling everything out. I'm much more confident in the overall larger machine that the 650sx is....BUT, I feel like I can lay the 550 hull over more while powering on the throttle. I sure wouldn't call it 'railing' but I just felt like it grabs better. SO....next up will be bring the tach for some carb tuning, and bore the still stock nozzle.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• Myself
            • Jun 2006

I pulled the nozzle off this evening for a bore job. Somehow I never noticed that the steering ball stud was trying to come out due to a crack. I roughed it up and went over it with glass reinforced epoxy.
            Attached Files

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• Myself
              • Jun 2006

My stock nozzle measured a bit over 65mm. I threw it up on my mill.......ya,everybody needs one in the shop...and centered it. Then swapped to a boring head and took a cut.
              Attached Files

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• Myself
                • Jun 2006

I took it out to a bit over 68mm. Then reinstalled a siphon tube to keep the stock bilge system operational.
                Attached Files

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• Myself
                  • Jun 2006

Maybe soon I'll be able to get this thing back in the water LOL!!!

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• Myself
                    • Jun 2006

Damn!! I just stay ssooooooo busy!. Finally got back on the Tigersaki. I pulled the pipe to fully weld the support brace and removed the part going up to the head.....it just wasn't necessary. We'll see how that bored nozzle does soon!
                    Attached Files

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• WFO Speedracer
                      • Aug 2006

Thinking about installing one of these in my other 300SX I am building, a lot more room to play around with engine placement than in a 550 hull.
                      Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 08-31-2022, 09:24 PM.
                      Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
                      hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Comment

• Myself
                        • Jun 2006

Yep......DO IT!!

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• WFO Speedracer
                          • Aug 2006

I have one at the shop I have been eying with the nice cast red pipe on it.
                          hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Comment

• Myself
                            • Jun 2006

I have one of those red pipes here too, but they won't fit in the 550 hull.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

• WFO Speedracer
                              • Aug 2006

It looked to me just by sitting the bottom case and crank in the 300SX that it would go on a 650 -750 bedplate just by welding the old holes up and drilling new ones but it sit's 1/4" too high, easy fix as you have to make plates anyway. just makie them out of 1/2" aluminum instead of 3/4".
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 09-01-2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Myself
                                • Jun 2006

I took the Tigersaki out this evening for about an hour. Pipe mount appears to be holding up just fine. My bilge siphon doesn't seem to be working.....took on a little water after a couple of wipeouts LOL!! All together ran around probably 7-10 miles and only used about 1.5 gallons of gas!!! I sure expected it to use more with the dual carbs. The water was like glass so I cranked it wide open a few different times. I don't have any GPS readings but how fast are we going on a stock 550 hull when the whole thing starts to slide sideways a little on smooth water?!!? I thought for sure I was wiping out on that one but I managed to regain control by easing out of the throttle and moving forward in the tray....WHEW! Basically I've confirmed the 15/20 is TOO much inpeller and I'd rather have more bottom end. Overall it went well and the engine seems to be in good tune.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Comment

Working...
                                X