Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Another 640 Tigersaki build

I decided to change out those wrist wrecking handlebars today. Who the hell designed those? They measured out at 28*!!!! I checked out the stockers on the 650sx and they were the same! So now the Tigersaki has some 6* bars which are also slightly wider, and the 650sx has some 14* bars.........not sure even where I got those?? I also addressed the pole pad on the 650sx while it was backed in the shop. The duct tape just wasn't cuttin' it anymore. Fixed the gouged out foam, wrapped it with a little poly, then covered it with some cheapo stretch vinyl stuff they had at hobby lobby. It will all get done right in the future with new turf.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Nothing new to report.....haven't had time to go do any more test-n-tune. BUT....thanks to info from other members who have built these, we know you MUST have a support for the pipe. Otherwise the harmonics cause an up and down motion that WILL crack the pipe. Crack prone area highlighted in this pic.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Tonight I grabbed some scrap stainless from my bin and finangled up a pipe support. The brackets will easily unbolt from the head and exhaust manifold to facilitate pipe removal.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

I got a bit of riding in this evening with the exhaust bracket.........WOW, that pipe vibrates A LOT! The whole machine is noticeably smoother now. I can understand how that would crack a pipe. I forgot my tiny tach but I'm definately nowhere near the 6800 rpm rev limit that the 640 cdi has. All around power feels very linear with no real peakiness. The straighter bars make a big difference to how my wrists feel too. I just generally rode around about 20-30 minutes feeling everything out. I'm much more confident in the overall larger machine that the 650sx is....BUT, I feel like I can lay the 550 hull over more while powering on the throttle. I sure wouldn't call it 'railing' but I just felt like it grabs better. SO....next up will be bring the tach for some carb tuning, and bore the still stock nozzle.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

I pulled the nozzle off this evening for a bore job. Somehow I never noticed that the steering ball stud was trying to come out due to a crack. I roughed it up and went over it with glass reinforced epoxy.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

My stock nozzle measured a bit over 65mm. I threw it up on my mill.......ya,everybody needs one in the shop...and centered it. Then swapped to a boring head and took a cut.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

I took it out to a bit over 68mm. Then reinstalled a siphon tube to keep the stock bilge system operational.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information