Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

2009 STX 15F No Fuel but new pump! ECU?

Picked up a low mileage 09 that had the impeller froze and we were told if we take off the pump it would start. Itís didnt. Then the guy said replace the fuel pump so we did and still didnít start. Hot wired the new pump and confirmed that it ran. We also put in new plugs and if we hit it with starter fluid it runs until we stop spraying. Question is - does this basically boil down the the ECU not telling the pump to run? Everything else seems to be working fine especially since it does start up with starter fluid. We have an ECU on order but wanted to see if there were any other thoughts if the ECU doesnít fix the problem. I should note I disconnected the line into the fuel filter and no fuel came out the hose trying to start so itís not the filter or injectors at this time.

PWCToday Guru

Re: 2009 STX 15F No Fuel but new pump! ECU?

I think you ordered the ECU too soon, there are still couple items to test before proceeding to the ECU. First there is a fuel pump relay that you need to verify, and also there is a Vehicle Down sensor that disables the ECU from sending power to the fuel pump relay in the event that the craft is tipped 120į or more

Thread Information