Yamaha VX 110 weqar ring replacement... can I remove the stainless and put in liner?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Yamaha VX 110 weqar ring replacement... can I remove the stainless and put in liner?

Just put a new prop in the vx110, and or coarse its binding on the stainless liner..

I bought a new plastic liner but its not like the seadoo pump, can I remove the stainless liner and replace with plastic or do I need to goto an aftermarket wear ring and liner?

Could I machine out the stock and use a liner? My friend works at a machine shop..

Re: Yamaha VX 110 weqar ring replacement... can I remove the stainless and put in lin

My suggestion would be to go to eBay and find a good used factory wear ring. Go to Babbittsonline look up your ring part number and search as "Yamaha and then the part number" you should find several good used and new. I've found the cheap replacement plastic rings just don't hold up or work well. Requiring frequent replacement.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: Yamaha VX 110 weqar ring replacement... can I remove the stainless and put in lin

The housing is pretty cheap...

Brand new OEM $122
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Guy; 06-18-2019 at 09:28 PM.

so does the housing have a liner? or is the stainless liner and aluminum housing one piece?

Yes the wearring has the SS liner in it. They just took a serious price drop...they were over $300

could you post a link?

Part 5 in this link....http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....20-%20EXTERNAL

Part # 66V-51312-01-94 same wear ring on a LOT of Yamaha's Call Riva they have them. 800-241-4544
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Guy; 06-21-2019 at 07:08 PM.

thanks..

Thread Information