No start after flipped ski (WaveRaider1100)
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

No start after flipped ski (WaveRaider1100)

Yesterday while trying to leave the no wake zone my neice caused the WaveRaider to flip. After the ski flipped it wouldn't start. I did some troubleshooting and here were the results.

Fuse is good, and I bypassed the fuse with no difference in results. When pressing the starter button the solenoid sometimes makes a noise, but it is not a clicking noise. I used a multi meter to measure voltage across the main terminals of the solenoid and get 12+ volts. If the starter button is pressed this drops voltage to 0. When the button is released it got back to 12+ volts. I used a jumper cables from the positive battery terminal to the terminal of the solenoid and the WaveRaider fired right up.

Does this sound like a starter solenoid?

Re: No start after flipped ski (WaveRaider1100)

.. if you jump the solenoid and it starts that's your problem.. you can just use a screwdriver across the 2 nuts..

PWCToday Regular

Re: No start after flipped ski (WaveRaider1100)

Quote Originally Posted by cleetus View Post
    .. if you jump the solenoid and it starts that's your problem.. you can just use a screwdriver across the 2 nuts..
    The interesting part was this wouldn't turn over the motor. I did replace the starter solenoid and it fixed the issue.

Thread Information