User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Summer is officially Open for Business!

Summer on Lake Mead is officially OPEN FOR BUSINESS! Today I left the Westside around 10am and it seemed pretty windy. It seemed pretty windy pulling through Boulder City. But, as soon as I parked in the Ready Lane, the wind seemed to disappear and today was a perfect day to ride up through the Narrows and then do a quick spin around the Hoover Dam. Water was a perfect swimming temperature...still cooling....another month and it will feel like a bathtub.

This is my triple top secret watering hole where I have the valet park the ski and I go skinny dipping!

After swimming, I headed back through the Narrows....see the boat.....gives you idea of the scale of Lake Mead...

I still had plenty of fuel surprisingly enought (45 miles thus far) so I headed over the Hoover Dam. This boat seems so out of place in a lake but perfect for Las Vegas. LOL

As I was pulling in to finish up the day, I saw these guys and talked to them about their setup. I have never seen these out West...maybe this type of engineering happens in the midwest...turns out they were headed to work as riggers for American Ninja Warriors and they start building the course today....so, it makes sense they put something like this together. Instead of driving a trailer from Los Angeles, this slides and tilts and drops the ski in the water via a wench at the front of the bed. I love it when jury-rigging works. LOL
    Last edited by vegasphotog; 06-08-2019 at 10:17 PM.

I dream skis

Re: Summer is officially Open for Business!

Looks like a very fun day!!!
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    Looks like a very fun day!!!
    Yea, I have been riding the lake since March (newbie enthusiasm), but, amazing how now the water is warm enough to swim, it makes it that much more fun.

two dudes on a sit down?
    Third Coast Freeride - Midwest Wave Warriors

Wooka Wooka Wookay. Let's Fing Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by bird View Post
    two dudes on a sit down?
    I guess so....they had just arrived from LA for work...the truck/ski owner has a g/f and gonna take her out Tuesday through Black Canyon. I doubt they do two-up dudes on a reg basis. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bird View Post
    two dudes on a sit down?
    Hey Bird....FYI...I clicked link in your sig and it seems to be a deadlink...?

Thread Information