Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 vxr

2019 vxr

Only 5 hours--only hitting 7000 rpms --regular gas---??????????

Re: 2019 vxr

I figured it out--crappy gas---she now runs 67mph at 7400rpm---:O):O):O)

Great news. I love an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to soon--GPS only 60mph--took it to the dealer--they said thats all she'll do. Waiting to hear from Yamaha. Am I the only one with a slow 2019 VXR? Did get to 7100 rpm at 44 hours---should I try premium fuel? At 50 hours I'm going full synthetic oil and see if that helps.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home AC 46's Avatar

Oil won't change it.Just saying.Did they hook it up to the computer? Lots of data there.
    R.I.P. Super Sic

Quote Originally Posted by AC 46 View Post
    Oil won't change it.Just saying.Did they hook it up to the computer? Lots of data there.
    They wouldn't answer me---just said thats all she'll do and they were done with me and charged me 95 dollars--we did not part friendly--Yamaha said I can take it to another dealer but I'm responsible for the price of diagnosing...unless there is a warranty problem...Yamaha acted like that was normal for the VXR---not sure what to do---very frustrating situation. I'm thinking ECU re flash---stage one--cheaper than chasing a ghost....

Frequent Poster

Verifying your speed with GPS on a stock ski will only lead to disappointment.
    90 Superjet - Coffman pipe, other mods
    98 Polaris Pro 785 - stock graphics, just ported and polished
    98 Polaris Pro 785 - black top, cylinders milled .020, ported, polished, watcon cooling
    95 Kawasaki 750 sxi - R&D pipe, ported, polished, bored 1.5mm over
    01 Polaris 600 sc xp sled - Stock

PWCToday Newbie

Your machine is working correctly. My 2015 VXR runs 60 to 64 MPH depending on conditions. I do not know why you think it should go faster. By the way My ski is faster out of the hole and top speed just a little faster than my friends FX Cruiser, the fx cruiser has the same engine as the VXR. I have almost 400 hours on my VXR, I purchased it new in 2015. I have made no modifications, no ribbon delete, no ECU program, no changes, completely stock , I want it to last a long time. enjoy your great machine.

Quote Originally Posted by cliff3 View Post
    Your machine is working correctly. My 2015 VXR runs 60 to 64 MPH depending on conditions. I do not know why you think it should go faster. By the way My ski is faster out of the hole and top speed just a little faster than my friends FX Cruiser, the fx cruiser has the same engine as the VXR. I have almost 400 hours on my VXR, I purchased it new in 2015. I have made no modifications, no ribbon delete, no ECU program, no changes, completely stock , I want it to last a long time. enjoy your great machine.
    When you say 60 to 64 MPH--is that GPS or the VXR's speedo? All the test done on the 2019 VXR showed 66.7 mph---thats why I purchased it. As for your 2015--they are totally different machines. Different hull--engine--weight--intake grate...if I had known it was a 60 mph machine I would have purchased the FX--HO cruiser...in 2007 I purchased a FX--HO--it was tested at 58 mph--it did 58 mph---gps--and the speedo read 58 mph. I rode it for 12 years and 730 hours...STOCK...not one problem and it's still going strong today. I feel like I was bam--boozled. My new VXR the speedo reads 67 mph...I put a Can--Do pro GPS system on it...works perfectly. Just as advertised. See my point?

Quote Originally Posted by jimyed View Post
    When you say 60 to 64 MPH--is that GPS or the VXR's speedo? All the test done on the 2019 VXR showed 66.7 mph---thats why I purchased it. As for your 2015--they are totally different machines. Different hull--engine--weight--intake grate...if I had known it was a 60 mph machine I would have purchased the FX--HO cruiser...in 2007 I purchased a FX--HO--it was tested at 58 mph--it did 58 mph---gps--and the speedo read 58 mph. I rode it for 12 years and 730 hours...STOCK...not one problem and it's still going strong today. I feel like I was bam--boozled. My new VXR the speedo reads 67 mph...I put a Can--Do pro GPS system on it...works perfectly. Just as advertised. See my point?
    Sorry I was incorrect on some of my information..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information