Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

03 F12X turbo stuck after setting all winter

Had this ski 3 years now and this is the first time the turbo was stuck after setting all winter. I winterized the ski by the book and sprayed a bunch of CRC 656 into the turbo just like last winter. So why did this happen? I sprayed a bunch into it and used a 9mm deep socket to spin it free. Is there something I should be doing differently? Maybe spray it once a month through the winter or something?

Banjomaniac

Re: 03 F12X turbo stuck after setting all winter

They usually stick because there was water in the exhaust side, it rusts, grows and sticks.
    05 F-12X

I'm on the drinking diet. I lost 2 days already.

PWCToday Guru

I know this may sound crazy, but, is your exhaust outlet blocked off so that mice cannot get up into there to build a nest? They have nothing but time. They find all kinds of places to stuff grass and things to make a cozy nest.
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great. (Except for the one with engine that SBT put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into and is now sitting as I collect repair parts)

PWCToday Newbie

Had an 02 and never had the turbo stick, got an 05 and the turbo got stuck every year after sitting in storage. I don't think there is much you can do about it other than rotating the turbo shaft every few weeks during the winter. For me, I just take a socket to the intake side of the turbo each year and free it - it's just part of the de-winterization process.

New manifold, shouldn't be water other than the antifreeze in the water muffler. I sprayed another crap ton of 656 and spun it a few times with a socket, seems good now. I was trying to think if I did anything different this year that I didn't do the last two years and I did, the two previous years I put a bucket of water absorb inside both skis, this year I didn't do it for some reason, maybe that did make a difference. Gonna test my waste gate and make sure it didn't get stuck. Hoping to ride at least one day this holiday weekend.

Banjomaniac

Checked it after work today and it's stuck again, didn't take much to move it but it's not spinning free so I guess I'll have to pull it. Anybody know what the small Phillips screw on top is or what's under it? So much for riding Saturday. Maybe it just needs cleaned on the exhaust side. It was working fine last year so I don't know. At least I can ride my 05 non turbo.

Banjomaniac

Sprayed it a bunch Saturday and after it sat a couple hours and I dug out the mud dauber nest from the pee hole I ran it on the hose a few minutes and it seems good now. Thanks Duane! I'll try to get it on the river tomorrow.

Banjomaniac
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 05-26-2019 at 07:37 AM.

I rode for about an hour Monday and it was windy and choppy on the White Oak River here in Swansboro but the ski ran great.

Banjomaniac

Why do people spray inside the intake part of the turbo? You're not going to be able to get to the bearing, and it's most likely stuck on the exhaust side of the turbo anyway.
    05 F-12X

I'm on the drinking diet. I lost 2 days already.

Quote Originally Posted by west_coaster View Post
    Why do people spray inside the intake part of the turbo? You're not going to be able to get to the bearing, and it's most likely stuck on the exhaust side of the turbo anyway.
    Because I can't get to the other side without taking it apart and I own stock in CRC
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 05-30-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information