User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Need Cover Recommendations For My VXR

My '15 VXR cover is toast. Its covered with pine tar and doesn't keep any water or pollen/dirt out. I need a new cover that will protect the ski better looking for some after market recommendations.

Re: Need Cover Recommendations For My VXR

Quote Originally Posted by Browns7213 View Post
    My '15 VXR cover is toast. Its covered with pine tar and doesn't keep any water or pollen/dirt out. I need a new cover that will protect the ski better looking for some after market recommendations.
    I found these two online. Anyone have any experience or comments on either of these? Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.42.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.44.10 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Browns7213 View Post
    I found these two online. Anyone have any experience or comments on either of these? Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.42.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.44.10 AM.png

Anyone, anyone, anyone?
    iu-3.jpeg

I dream skis

This is the one that I bought through eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Wave...item3f13c9bc3b

I liked the first one so much that I bought a second and a third (for my '94 Raider.) I don't trailer my skis so I have no idea how good these covers would do when trailering. I haven't owned them all that long so I can't really give you an idea of how they're holding up to the sun here in the north Houston area. None of the covers that I've used over the last 15 yrs seems to keep all the water out. My main concern is to keep the sun from damaging my skis.

BTW, when it's time to replace the cover on my '97 GP1200, it'll be one of these.
    1994 Waveraider, 1997 GP1200
    2 X 1996 Sea Doo XP (sold) ​2013 VXR ​2012 VXS

Quote Originally Posted by dannyUAL767 View Post
    This is the one that I bought through eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Wave...item3f13c9bc3b

I liked the first one so much that I bought a second and a third (for my '94 Raider.) I don't trailer my skis so I have no idea how good these covers would do when trailering. I haven't owned them all that long so I can't really give you an idea of how they're holding up to the sun here in the north Houston area. None of the covers that I've used over the last 15 yrs seems to keep all the water out. My main concern is to keep the sun from damaging my skis.

BTW, when it's time to replace the cover on my '97 GP1200, it'll be one of these.
    Thanks!!! Will check it out. Mine stay out all year as well and trying to find one the will keep the water & pollen out.

I dream skis

It will keep the pollen out but I've never had a cover that can keep all of the water out. If it could keep all of the water out, it probably couldn't breath and none of the moisture inside would be able to dry out.

I get a lot of mildew on the underside of my covers, too. It's not the cover, it's the fact that I live in a very humid place. I'm sure things would be different if I lived in Arizona!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Covercraft. I have a couple that are quite old and still in very good shape. The fit like a glove too.

I dream skis

I just remembered that I had three covers from Watercraft Superstore. I loved the way they fit. Nice and tight and followed all the contours. I never trailered with them but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been an issue because of the "glove" fit. However, they were a PITA to get on and off. I could've lived with that. What made me not purchase them again was the fact that the material started to break down at about the 9 month point. There was a lot of dandruff like powder just coming off of the covers. I almost needed to wear a mask to not breath it in !

Quote Originally Posted by dannyUAL767 View Post
    It will keep the pollen out but I've never had a cover that can keep all of the water out. If it could keep all of the water out, it probably couldn't breath and none of the moisture inside would be able to dry out.

I get a lot of mildew on the underside of my covers, too. It's not the cover, it's the fact that I live in a very humid place. I'm sure things would be different if I lived in Arizona!

Ditto, very humid in GA and I do get mildew stains on the vinyl handles and seats every year. Wished I could find something to keep the foot wells from constantly filling up with water. Last year it looked like sea monkeys were living in there. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery View Post
    Covercraft. I have a couple that are quite old and still in very good shape. The fit like a glove too.
    Thanks!

Thread Information