• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RiverWF
    Frequent Poster
    • May 2010

650 protec pipe on 701

I have this 650 square nose with a pro tec pipe on it. Is this specifically for the 650 or would It also work on a 701?
    Attached Files
  • Rushford_Ripper
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Dec 2009

Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

What 701? 61x or 62T? You may have issues with bolt hole size on a 62T and may need to open/port match the manifold to the cylinder on either 701 application.

Comment

• JSNate
      • Apr 2010

I run one on a ported 64X 760. I love this pipe. Just make sure all of the mounting hardware/ rubber grommets are in good condition. I just replaced all my mounting bolts and grommets this winter. These pipes can come loose and cause issues if not monitored and inspected regularly. Good, solid and new hardware eliminates most concerns.

Also, some of the pipes I have seen have one mounting tab to the head and some have two. However, the manifold and pipe appear to be the same. They make really good power and sound really good as well.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

• Benflynn
        • Aug 2015

Yes and will hit hard as ****

Comment

• Benflynn
          • Aug 2015

And use factory bpipe jetting

Comment

• RiverWF
            Frequent Poster
            • May 2010

Originally posted by Rushford_Ripper View Post
            What 701? 61x or 62T? You may have issues with bolt hole size on a 62T and may need to open/port match the manifold to the cylinder on either 701 application.
            61x. Thank you!

Comment

• RiverWF
              Frequent Poster
              • May 2010

Originally posted by JSNate View Post
              I run one on a ported 64X 760. I love this pipe. Just make sure all of the mounting hardware/ rubber grommets are in good condition. I just replaced all my mounting bolts and grommets this winter. These pipes can come loose and cause issues if not monitored and inspected regularly. Good, solid and new hardware eliminates most concerns.

Also, some of the pipes I have seen have one mounting tab to the head and some have two. However, the manifold and pipe appear to be the same. They make really good power and sound really good as well.
              Mine has 1 tab. Thanks for the tips!

Originally posted by Benflynn View Post
              Yes and will hit hard as ****
              **** ya! thank you for jetting info

Comment

• RiverWF
                Frequent Poster
                • May 2010

Nate your pipe is so pretty
                Last edited by RiverWF; 05-04-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• schwab16
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • May 2013

Hey did you have to port your exhaust manifold when switching to the 701? Or just run it as is? Thanks!

Comment

• NoMoney
                    PWCToday Regular
                    • Aug 2019

Originally posted by schwab16 View Post
                    Hey did you have to port your exhaust manifold when switching to the 701? Or just run it as is? Thanks!
                    I stumbled on this and have same exact situation. Pro tec 650 exhaust tryng to swap it to the 701 62t. Did you ever succeed in this if so any issues with fitment?

Comment

• schwab16
                      PWCToday Newbie
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by NoMoney View Post
                      I stumbled on this and have same exact situation. Pro tec 650 exhaust tryng to swap it to the 701 62t. Did you ever succeed in this if so any issues with fitment?
                      I ended up just getting the protec 62t manifold so I could try running the bigger bolts that go with the 62t cylinders and figured everything would just be an easier install... But wow, was not the case. The 62t manifold route was still a pain in the ***. The holes just did not want to line up. I ended up having to do a combo of the larger bolts and then a few of the smaller ones from the 650 cylinder manifold with helicoils. Depending on the 650 chamber you also might need to drill out a hole in the new manifold.

If I did it again, I'd just try and port match the 650 manifold and use helicoils.

But to answer the question of how it runs without port matching, I do not know. Just figured I'd share my troubles with getting the 62t manifold.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• NoMoney
                        PWCToday Regular
                        • Aug 2019

Thank you for the response. I have same exact dilemma. But sounds like its a bit of a job. I was hoping bolt on.wouldnt you have been able to just use the pro tech “muffler” pipe and clamp that to the 701 factory head pipe

Comment

Working...
                        X