Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie
    Blog Entries

Hydrodoo jetting need help

Hi everybody! Im new here and from belgium. Can someone help me with my hydrodoo ? He hesitate a little bit from iddle to 1/4. After he goes right to the max! My settings : stock head and exhaust, 89,5 prox piston with new bored cilinder. Stock 46i carbs, carbon tech reeds. Carb setting : 2,5N/S 65gr spring, Ls 95 1 1/2 turn out, HS 167 1/2 out. Its a old race ski, i bougjt it last summer for cheap and i seized a piston because the base gasket was out!!!

thans

cedric

Re: Hydrodoo jetting need help

What is the Air Temperature in Belgium right now? Your Low Speed Circuit appears to be sightly lean.

Looks like the Engine is Stock except for Flame Arrestors, correct?

Open the Low Speed Adjuster on both Carbs until the hesitation goes away. The ski must launch instantaneously from Idle when you pull the Throttle.

To calibrate the Top Speed Circuit, you will need a Tachometer. Adjust the High Speed Screws until you get the highest RPM readings in flat water.

Keep notes of the Screw Adjustments versus Air Temperature, for reference when you ride in 50F versus 90F air temperature.

Her's my KawiDoo:

blue sxr kawadoo3.jpeg

PWCToday Newbie
    Blog Entries

Yes engine is stock with only flame arrestor. Ok i will tried it next week because we will g’have 5 days of rain!! For the moment we have 10 degres �� and rain! How much can i turn it max out? Nice engine with good racing parts! Do you know your carb setting? I will post foto tomorrow, its midnight here now! Thanks for your answer

Maximum number of turns is 3 turns out total for each Screw, for either Low or High Speed Adjusters.

I would open the screws in increments of 1/8 of a turn and then test. Rinse and repeat, till you hit best performance.

First, tune the Low Speed Adjustment in the water, kneeling on the Tray, until your Head snaps back instantly when you pin the Throttle.

When that's done, then do the High Speed Adjusters with the Tachometer for highest RPM reading at Wide Open Throttle in the water.

10 degrees Celsius? So (10 x 1.8) + 32 = 50 degrees F. Nice Oxygen dense air for making good crisp Horsepower. Fuel must match Oxygen levels for ideal performance. More fuel is needed in Cold weather.

Make sure you warm up the Engine well before riding hard to avoid Piston Cold Seizures.

If and when you get MSD Total Loss Ignition, 46mm Novis, Coffman Pipe and ADA Head plus Magnum Pump, I can provide you with the Ignition Timing Curve, Jetting and approximate Adjuster settings for Sea Level Elevation.

PWCToday Newbie
    Blog Entries

Yes 10 celsius! Ok thank you very much i will come back with the results. I will tune the ski later, he is already kiling my arms and my legs! Have a nice day.

If the low speed screws don’t get you there go up on your pilot jets. The stinger jet also effects the overall jetting. More water will richen it up - more back pressure Make sure it’s not clogged up.
    07 Hydro Triple!!
    06, 07 SXR's
    93sx-Pro
    85,87 wetbikes

PWCToday Newbie
    Blog Entries

How can i get more water?

PWCToday Newbie
    Blog Entries

I forgot to ask, what is the max rpm i should have?

PWCToday Newbie
    Blog Entries

Hi, after a long wait i have tested yesterday. I have put a 100 low jet and it ride good! No more hesitation. I had a lot of fun with!! Max rpm: 6950. Thank you guys for your advices
    A little foto , mine is with elmet.C13BC586-2B03-444D-980E-559F1D8403C5.jpegC13BC586-2B03-444D-980E-559F1D8403C5.jpeg

C13BC586-2B03-444D-980E-559F1D8403C5.jpeg

Thread Information