sxr1100 timing advance . did I ruin my coil?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

sxr1100 timing advance . did I ruin my coil?

So I added a R & D timing advance plate to my SXR 1100. While grinding for the install I think I took too much plastic off the corner of the pick up exposing a little bit of metal under the plastic. Thinking that is not harming anything I continued to install reassembled engine. Also at same time while had engine out I installed V force 3 reeds and had to re adjust my carbs which are CDK2s because the last place I rode was Lake Havasu and my normal riding elevation is more like 4000 to 5000'. Ski hit hard off the bottom and pulled nicely up to about half to 3/4 throttle but just did not seem like I had any top in to left anymore. wondering if it was something to do with that coil or possibly just too much timing advance altogether I also do have the be Box jumped as recommended per most SXR 1100 and structions. I played with the carb settings a few different ways but you all know cdk2s are a pain to adjust.
    2006 SXR
    87 550

Top Dog

Re: sxr1100 timing advance . did I ruin my coil?

I have hit metal on at least 6 with no problems 3 running with out the extra cover gasket with no problem all with box jumped also

Re: sxr1100 timing advance . did I ruin my coil?

ok good to hear. I didnt think that was my issue . tore carbs apart and cleaned today and readjusted. I need some mikunis in my life
    2006 SXR
    87 550

Thread Information