Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Riding the Snohomish River

Hi - I've only ridden on small lakes. In circles. Round and round and round again.

I live in Snohomish, WA and am interested in riding on the Snohomish river, but I want to only do it in spots that are safe for my machine. Has anyone here ridden from the Marysville boat launch down to the Snohomish boat launch, and if so, what was it like? Did you need to worry much about rocks taking out the hull, etc? Any recommended spots to ride on the Snohomish river is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Riding the Snohomish River

My nephew & his buddies do a run near there every now & then. Definitely some shallow waters, but they haven't had any problems sinking skis or anything.

-
    Bill

Current ride is an almost stock 94 550SX
    Current project is a 92 Super Chicken SC650
    My JS550 build
    . - SOLD

I've been riding the Snohomish river for years. You can put in at Marysville and ride a complete circle (out to the salt and jetty island in Everett and back up the river). They recently flooded and opened up a ton of new areas for exploring.. Google earth helps. I'm more into surf riding now but still love to go river cruising. I live by Monroe and mostly just go to the river at Highbridge. You can ride out to Duvall from there and is also a pretty safe ride. You can also ride the river from downtown Snohomish. There is a sandbar beach couple miles down headed towards Everett, that usually gets pretty fun in the summer with jet boats and jetski's all hanging and having fun!! Message me and I'll go for a ride with you sometime

PWCToday Newbie

The Snohomish river and sloughs are the best riding in the area. You also have access to the Sound. I ride the sloughs and river quite often, there is a run through Union slough up the west side of Spencer Island that is my favorite, just watch out for the foot bridge at very high tide. I've also wake boarded behind my Seadoo on the river and sloughs. Jetty Island is a great spot, Everett / Mukilteo / Edmonds and we've even ran up to Laconner and Deception Pass from the Marysville launch. I've gone as far up river as the Irving Lawson access area just past Snohomish.

Thread Information