Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Guru

exhuast advice , seadoo hx to 947/951 engine

hey guys its been a few years since I played with my skis or projects , but I'm getting motivated again and pulled out my old HX project I thought it be simpler to scrap the idea of a yamaha 1200cc in the hx and just drop in the guts (pump, engine, mpem) from a seadoo gsx limited I had sitting here, bad idea I guess, it was no simpler then the Yamaha engine , I still have the exhaust issue . On the HX exhaust runs down left side of the ski however on the GSX limited 947 engine the hard pipe or stinger feeds out on the right side of ski . I could have sworn there used to be some threads on HX conversion year ago but can't find them now advice would be welcome how to route the exhaust

How are others routing the hard sting exhaust form right side to the exhaust tube on left side for a HX?

I dream skis

Re: exhuast advice , seadoo hx to 947/951 engine

You can run it on the right. You just need to mod the inlet on the stock water box. If you want to see a conversion thread you can see mine at twin piped 951 hx.

PWCToday Guru

thanks

PWCToday Guru

ktm640duke,

Sorry I was trying not to bug you with bunch of questions, but, I found your "twin piped 951 HX" for sale and even a youtube video but guess I am not smart enough to find the build thread, do you have a link? is build thread on PWC or another forum?

the HX original waterbox is that unusually narrow oval shape which is hard enough to get into the hx and the factory box from the GSX is a huge round shape but has the valve in top of it . I even considered just straight pipe down the right side but I am assuming I need to keep the valve. I have come to the conclusion you must have just made a whole custom carbonfiber waterbox rather then just modifying the original oval HX but where did you install the valve at ?

PWCToday Guru

hey never mind on the thread link I final found it http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=380570&page=17

you do some great carbon fiber work , I'm not sure I can do that I'll probably have to be welding up modification ...lol In the build thread it doesn't look like your donor ski used the valve on the waterbox , lucky you but mine does so I got a quick question for you , what do you think about straight piping (remove waterbox altogether) down the right side and just making a aluminum hard pipe section in the pipe with a nipple to mount the valve?

I dream skis

I did make the waterbed but it is the exact same shape and size as a stock hx box. I did my first one just by modding the stock box. One thing I like about running the box this way is you still have the outlet hose on the box running over the hump keeping it high in the ski so it does not fill with water.

PWCToday Guru

thats a good point

Thread Information