User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

750 swap wont start

Running out of ideas so figured I would see if anyone else has any ideas.
    I just swapped a 750 into an x2 and I cannot get it to turn over. It will turn over when you jump the starter solenoid. But this has been the case for 3 different used solenoids and one new one plus 2 different eboxs. I have also tried 3 different start/stop switches, 2 kawi and 1 yamaha. I feel like it has to be something dumb that I am forgetting to check so any ideas would be great.

Thanks
    Current skis:79 js440/650 flat deck, 94 fx-1, 88 650sx
    Past skis: 91 550sx with 650 conversion, 88 650sx, 87 X2, 86 js550, 85 js550, 78 js440, 77 js440

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

Re: 750 swap wont start

How do you have start stop wires connected? Check your fuse also
    91 440; PJS Viper 7000, jetsport exhaust mani, factory full pipe, coffman waterbox,solas 17*, jetco worked 440 pump, ocean pro nozzles. shredmaster ocean rideplate and grate combo, wide tray, footholds, deep strake mod, driveshaft fill,650sx quick turn

build thread part 1: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=331343
    build thread part 2: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=364872
    build thread part 3: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=396154

Frequent Poster

Try running a extra ground wire from the motor to the Ebox case.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

If has to be something simple.....

If it will crank when you jump across the relay, your start, battery and cables are good.

It may be a coincidence that you are trying multiple bad relays (Doubt it though)

Same with the start switches. It is possible all the ones you are trying are also bad.

I am guessing you have an issue in the start/stop wire harness where the switch plugs into, and goes into the e-box. Try using a paper clip to jump across the start terminals at the plug (Yel/red wire, and red/pur wire).

If you cannot get it to crank jumping the wires, go over them going into the e-box. If you cannot see anything wrong you will need to break out the multimeter, and see where you are getting, and then loosing voltage.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    If has to be something simple.....

If it will crank when you jump across the relay, your start, battery and cables are good.

It may be a coincidence that you are trying multiple bad relays (Doubt it though)

Same with the start switches. It is possible all the ones you are trying are also bad.

I am guessing you have an issue in the start/stop wire harness where the switch plugs into, and goes into the e-box. Try using a paper clip to jump across the start terminals at the plug (Yel/red wire, and red/pur wire).

If you cannot get it to crank jumping the wires, go over them going into the e-box. If you cannot see anything wrong you will need to break out the multimeter, and see where you are getting, and then loosing voltage.
    thanks for the help I am going to have to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by fastgtfairlane View Post
    How do you have start stop wires connected? Check your fuse also
    Black to black white to white but the other 2 never match so I try connecting them both ways. I have not checked the fuse yet going to check that before I do anything else.
    Current skis:79 js440/650 flat deck, 94 fx-1, 88 650sx
    Past skis: 91 550sx with 650 conversion, 88 650sx, 87 X2, 86 js550, 85 js550, 78 js440, 77 js440

Thread Information