» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Got a beach house and wanted to get a couple off used skis

What would you recommend my budget is 10 k not a hard number
    I am a very active 48 I club race cars raced mx for 25 years
    Also saw some off the rubber docks that the skis sit on
    can you leave the skis on them all week my house is on a bay
    does water get into the skis and damage the hull over time and is a lift a much better option .?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Got a beach house and wanted to get a couple off used skis

Welcome to the site.

SeaDoo, Kawasaki, and Yamaha all make excellent machines. Stick Middle of the road and naturally asperated. (non-HO or non super charged)

High out put skis are fast, and fun, but can be more expensive to repair/maintain. The standard models are very reliable with general maintenance. (oil changes, and such)

Personally I prefer a standard lift. It gets the ski up, and completely out of the water. The drive on platforms can scratch and damage the bottoms, and they are never really dry. You will get water build up on the bottom, and pump area.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Resident Guru

Lift hands down if you can get the necessary permit etc. If you can stand the ride in chop, a couple of vx yamahas will serve you well and run forever. A FX will ride better. The 160 horse MR1 is slightly strung out but should be reliable if you care for it. Best bet if you can swing it there would be an NA 1.8 boat.

Seadoo I am personally lukewarm on. I love Kawasakis but I spend more time with Yamahas. A couple of stx-15f/ultra lx boats would probably serve you nicely.

One thing you didnt mention was riding style. Do you want to tour/cruise, act like a hooligan, or ????
    Last edited by raven007; 03-30-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    XI Sport
    GP800R
    X2
    FX140

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by raven007 View Post
    Lift hands down if you can get the necessary permit etc. If you can stand the ride in chop, a couple of vx yamahas will serve you well and run forever. A FX will ride better. The 160 horse MR1 is slightly strung out but should be reliable if you care for it. Best bet if you can swing it there would be an NA 1.8 boat.

Seadoo I am personally lukewarm on. I love Kawasakis but I spend more time with Yamahas. A couple of stx-15f/ultra lx boats would probably serve you nicely.

One thing you didnt mention was riding style. Do you want to tour/cruise, act like a hooligan, or ????
    Really just tour cruise my house is in a bay but itís real easy for me to get out into the ocean so I imagine I will see some waves
    n.a 1:8 boat . Like the yamaha jet boat ?

PWCToday Newbie

Do the Polaris parts cost more then the jap brands .? I have had a few boutique brands off mx bikes threw the years my ATK 406 comes to mind and the parts where double what jap parts where

parts are expensive no matter what, this is jet ski.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by Snapcraklepop View Post
    Really just tour cruise my house is in a bay but it’s real easy for me to get out into the ocean so I imagine I will see some waves
    n.a 1:8 boat . Like the yamaha jet boat ?
    The NA 1.8 refers to a normally aspirated 1.8 liter engine, like that on the Yamaha VX Cruiser HO, VXR, or their more upscale models the FX series.

If you are highly active and like MX racing then a Yamaha Superjet is probably more your style. But it's not for cruising the bay in a leisurely manner. The SJ is quite the workout and their most fun model.

As for Polaris, they were only in the PWC market 1994-2004. If you want a Polaris, then I recommend you stick with their snowmobiles.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    The NA 1.8 refers to a normally aspirated 1.8 liter engine, like that on the Yamaha VX Cruiser HO, VXR, or their more upscale models the FX series.

If you are highly active and like MX racing then a Yamaha Superjet is probably more your style. But it's not for cruising the bay in a leisurely manner. The SJ is quite the workout and their most fun model.

As for Polaris, they were only in the PWC market 1994-2004. If you want a Polaris, then I recommend you stick with their snowmobiles.
    Thanks for the info

Thread Information