Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Question 750sx Top End Rebuild Help!

Hey guys, newbie to stand ups. Had an old 82 js550 for about a year some years back. Just picked up a fairly nice 92 750sx with a big pin motor. Going to be Turning it into a recreational freestyle ski over the next season or two. Itís got pjs(Iím guessing high comp. head, pjs exhaust, r&d intake grate and extended ride plate, aftermarket prop but not sure which one, dual carbs not sure what size either. Anyways, previous owner said couple years back the compression was 210 in both cylinders. Compression now is at 160 in both with the high comp head so at the end of this season Iím wanting to rebuild the top end. Iím wondering, is there a way to keep the pjs head while having a way to drop the compression to say 185 to run pump gas reliably or is switching to a factory milled/aftermarket switchable domes head going to be needed? Any advice would be great as this is my first ski tear down, have rebuilt top ends before so thatís not a problem just donít know if thereís a way to lower the comp on a high comp head so I donít have to spend un-needed money.

thanks - cory
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: 750sx Top End Rebuild Help!

Hello Cory, welcome to the site.

You can keep you r PJS head. You just need to have the domes CC'd and re-cut to lower compression. There are members here that can do this for you. I can do it as well if you want to send it to me.

John
    watcon@watcon.com
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

I should also say, I can supply you with new pistons, rings, gaskets, etc, rebuild your crank if needed, and bore you cyl to match new pistons...
    email watcon@watcon.com

thank you

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the info John. How do I know if the crank is needing rebuilt or is that just something that’s recommended while it’s apart? Also what’s the price tag on all of this roughly if I sent your way with and without the crank?

Quote Originally Posted by crope08 View Post
    Thanks for the info John. How do I know if the crank is needing rebuilt or is that just something that’s recommended while it’s apart? Also what’s the price tag on all of this roughly if I sent your way with and without the crank?
    You need to disassemble, and clean the crank bearings. Check them to see if they are in spec, and if they make ANY noise when they are dry. (Shop manual is a good source for info/specs) If at all questionable I recommend rebuilding. the crank is the heart of your engine, and can cause a catastrophic failure if it goes out.

Quick run down on prices. Everything I have/do here is quality parts and service.

Rebuilt crank (Japanese parts) $500
    crank seals (ARS Japanese) $35
    1211 case sealer $26/tube

Top end rebuild kit $220 This is Pistons, rings, pins, clips, bearings and top end gasket set
    Bore $65 per hole
    Re-cut domes on your head - Sorry I do not remember off the top of my head, I need to ask my machinist.

Other things to consider - go through your fuel system completely. I have OE genuine Keihin and Mikuni kits, and parts, fuel line by the foot, ANY needed gaskets, and more.

Would be happy to help any way I can.

Emails or a phone call to my shop are best as I am not always on the site here....

John watcon@watcon.com
    email watcon@watcon.com

thank you

PWCToday Newbie

Awesome John, I appreciate all the info and when I need help this next off season I’ll definitely give you a shout for my rebuild needs����

PWCToday Newbie

Anyone happen to know where to get a downloadable big pin shop manual from? Don’t mind paying, don’t want to get the wrong one so a point in the right direction would be great! Thanks guys

Thread Information