Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Chester's Avatar

Re: 95 Yamaha Wave Venture 700 won't start, cranks, doesn't start.

I think you're confused as to how the primer works. It originally came with a choke and not a primer. To use a choke, you pull the choke knob out and turn the engine over until it fires and then starts. Yours had the choke removed and a primer was installed to make it much easier to start. To use the primer, you have to pump it a few times until it squirts fuel into the throats of the carbs. It should then start immediately. If it stalls, pump it a couple more times and crank it again. A choke works differently as it closes off the air to help suck fuel to the carbs while turning it over whereas a primer squirts fuel in. Also for reference, the title says it cranks yet later you say it won't turn over. They both mean the same thing. You crank it (turn it over) until it starts. You can let it run for about 30 seconds to a minute without water running through, any longer and you must hook up th hose to it. When running it on the hose, make sure you start the engine first and then turn on the water and then turn off the water first before you turn the engine off.

Chester
    Speed is very expensive. How fast do you want to spend?

Stand up:
    98 SXi-Pro

Couches:

96 XP
    86 X2

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    I think you're confused as to how the primer works. It originally came with a choke and not a primer. To use a choke, you pull the choke knob out and turn the engine over until it fires and then starts. Yours had the choke removed and a primer was installed to make it much easier to start. To use the primer, you have to pump it a few times until it squirts fuel into the throats of the carbs. It should then start immediately. If it stalls, pump it a couple more times and crank it again. A choke works differently as it closes off the air to help suck fuel to the carbs while turning it over whereas a primer squirts fuel in. Also for reference, the title says it cranks yet later you say it won't turn over. They both mean the same thing. You crank it (turn it over) until it starts. You can let it run for about 30 seconds to a minute without water running through, any longer and you must hook up th hose to it. When running it on the hose, make sure you start the engine first and then turn on the water and then turn off the water first before you turn the engine off.

Chester
    well said! but I disagree with your x2 being a couch, more like a foot rest, xp is the 2 seat couch you can't lie on.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Since we know it's pumping fuel, and will run, my guess would be from sitting the needle valves are stuck in the seats. Time to pull the carbs and clean or even rebuild just due to age.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information