» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterbox

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jetskijockey's Avatar

Re: Waterbox

Quote Originally Posted by bandit88 View Post
    actually with the west coast pipe too, go stock. Performance of that pipe on a 750 isn't anything special
    if the motor is unported and/or single carb, just get a stock waterbox and call it a day.
    x2!!!!

PWCToday Newbie

If the motor is unported and/or single carb, just get a stock waterbox and call it a day.
    I have dual 40s. What would be the difference be performance and sound wise between the HX and unmodified stock box? I've read a few threads that the HX has a leg up on the stock. I'm aware that the westcoast pipe that came with the ski isn't all that great on the 750 but from my understanding it's better than a modded stock 650 pipe. Not looking to buy a coffmans or factory at the moment but maybe sometime down the road.

I dream skis

If you want to run a true 2” system, why not have the stinger cut off the end of the westcoast pipe and have a 2” welded on? I never hear anyone talk about this, but it would be first grade work at just about any fab shop and shouldn’t cost much. Then add a 2” in/out HX box and a 2” hull exit.
    If you want to keep things simple, just leave it 1 3/4” and drill the stock box. That should work pretty well, and will sound nice but not crazy loud.
    As far as performance, to me, there is way to many variables that contribute to the over-all
    performance of any given machine for anyone to say “if you do “A” to your machine, it will definitely give you result “b”. Try a few things...leaving it 1 3/4” and drilling the stock box is pretty easy. Try that, if it makes you happy, run it. If not, move on to the next step.
    2001 Superjet; R&D, Blowsion, UMI, Riva, Wetwolf, Ocean Pro.

1987 650sx: Mariner, UMI, Neo Designes, R&D, Jetsports, Renthal, Hydro-Turf, Skat-Trak, Reworked stock pipe, 40mm carb, Wetwolf F/S cone.

1986 JS300; lots of mods, fast for a 300...I think

1987 X2: Rips pretty good and has some 80's flare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information