Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Need a jetski/951 Guru help

Hi Iíve recently purchased a 99 seadoo gsxl, itís just had a engine rebuild so Iíve been told.

My my questions are as below

it bogged down at one point and wouldnít pick up on leaving the ocean I noticed and aftermarket flame arrestor had fallen off, would that have cause this?

I noticed and exhaust bolt was also rattling around in the hull. Iíve found where this came from but the exhaust clamp doesnít look to be right Iís this okay? (Hopefully photo attaches)

please could somone highlight which is the idle adjustment scre? I think itís the one by the throttle cable?

It looks to have had the fuel lines replaced (from the grey ones) although it looks like the breather45F92C87-64F9-4E89-96DF-D1318BA741F3.jpegBFDBDC56-CC0C-45FD-9BE3-900BC7A85282.jpegAA14CE9A-F23A-4A6C-B3F6-0B5C4E945989.jpegBFDBDC56-CC0C-45FD-9BE3-900BC7A85282.jpeg8274541A-70DE-423A-90B8-A87A6F2DD738.jpeg lines are still grey is this okay?

The fuel guage and vts doesnít work but Iíve seen a few threads on this so will give them ago first.

How do you guys get all remaining water out the hill, Iím a little ocd?
    Any any help would be great

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Need a jetski/951 Guru help

Welcome to the site.

Sorry, I do not know how to highlight a part on your pictures. You idle screw is in your 3rd pic, you can see where it pushes on a bracket on the throttle shaft to open it more or less.

Grey fuel lines are fine on your tank breather. No fuel goes through these.

Looks Like your exhaust clamp is off, and the pipe is probably leaking here causing your bogging/poor running. You should take it apart fully, clean and properly assemble with a little copper, high temp RTV sealer on the brass ring. Very important to get everything lined up perfectly. I doubt the flame arrestor falling off would be an issue.

VTS issues are typically from water intrusion

Fuel gauge not working is typically a sunk float on your fuel pick up in the tank.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for your input, I’ve ran it on the hose and fumes where flying out the manifold, so I’m removed carbs and exhaust and about to order new gaskets. When I started it back up after I realised there was still water in it I heard a loud bang, almost like a back fire is that normal?
    Also the copper gasket I’ve cleaned up and is in one peice an I just reuse this? The exhaust doesn’t line up to great on the clamp but I believe it’s where it’s an old ski. And abit of salt corrision 7D6FBA33-E901-4660-BB09-0DDF6084F0B1.jpeg29CDC192-05D5-4F4E-B016-9CC104E10335.jpeg

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Yes, you can re-use the copper ring. Coat it with high temp Copper RTV.

The exh pipe flange MUST line up perfectly. You need to totally loosen the pipe and lord mounts, and let it move around to line it up. Clamp the joint, then mount the pipe lord mounts.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Thread Information