User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Reverse modification

I'm considering getting another reverse bucket and drilling holes or modifying it to try and get it a little easier move but maybe try to get some sort of neutral. Maybe by removing some material so at about half way on it would hold the ski still in the water. Anyone messed with this?

Banjomaniac

PWCToday Regular

Re: Reverse modification

My red ski was really difficult to put in reverse. If you loosened up the assembly it felt like the nut would never stay. I remember drilling it out(can't recall if it was the nut or ride plate) and putting in a set screw so that I didn't have to tighten it down so much. When I am approaching a trailer/dock/etc it's not at all uncommon for me to have one hand on the throttle and the other on the reverse lever holding it in a half reverse(neutral) type position. I'll see if I can get a pic of what I did. I'm not sure if it's visible with the ski fully assembled..

I replaced the metal bushing with the kit from jetski international and you have to clean the actual bucket side it has corrosion buildup on it when you take it apart and with the engine not running it's a piece of cake to flip up and down but with the engine running it's hard. I know it's the jet stream coming out of the pump pushing on the bucket making it hard to engage when it's running. I dropped the idle down a little bit I might try to take it down more but my idea was to try to get it where if you modified that bucket you could get it easier to move and also have better control kind of like forward, neutral and reverse. I do the same thing with my ski but when I'm coming into the dock I have to turn the ski off pull the reverse lever up about halfway then starts key real quick then I can feather that reverse lever up and down to get it just right it's just a pain to have to shut the ski off every time.

Banjomaniac

PWCToday Regular

I finally found a pic of what I did.. I don't think this is your issue though if yours moves easily with the engine off..

Thread Information