Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Help buying the right kit

Hey Everyone,
    I've determined that my crankshaft seals are blown and my engine looses power and revs erratically. I have good compression, and starts up right away, but when it warms up it revs uncontrollably. There are no leaks in the intake area, so I'm fairly certain it's the seals. So I've decided that I need to replace the crank seals and probably go ahead and do a lower end rebuild. Can anyone give me some tips before I drop the money on a kit? I have not torn the engine apart, so honestly I don't know what all is good or not good on the lower end. Because I live overseas and can't get parts easily, I'd rather lean on the safe end and replace more parts than not. Just thought I'd ask for ideas and thoughts before purchasing a lower end kit.

Thanks

Frequent Poster

Re: Help buying the right kit

Have you rebuilt the carbs with OEM kits or are you certain it's the crank seals?

If it is the crank seals, you'll need to get a rebuilt crank since you wont be able to replace the inner seals with out some specialty tools.

Go OEM rebuild or new WSM crankshaft. I've heard the rebuilt wsm are of questionable quality.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    '89 Wellcraft Eclipse 21.5'
    '97 Seadoo GTI
    '98 Seadoo XP Limited
    '00 Seadoo XP

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Help buying the right kit

Yes I"ve rebuilt the carbs with all new gaskets and seals. From all the different tests and research I've done, it's seems to be the crankshaft seals that are worn or blown. To my knowledge, the engine hasn't been rebuilt. Thanks for the info on the crankshaft seals. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are rebuilt engines available for purchase without returning my core engine?

Thread Information