User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Hull Questions 650sx..

Ok, so I'm doing a big revamp ony 650sx, trying to get the hull to hook up better and take some of the slide out of it.

A member on here, "Timothy", had mentioned removing the out edge chine from the hull bottom, but never gave any detailed information on why or what changes it would make to the handling.

Hoping he's still around or maybe someone else might have an idea of what he was getting at.

I'm looking at chopping the back of the ski 1.5", in the process of doing a strake mod, installed a rear exhaust, outer walls of the engine bay are being reinforced, bond rail cut at the hull near the front running back to the center of the engine compartment and reattatching them with an upward curve like a Rickter, chopping the back tray for a X2 trim.

Lots of mods, but I did look at the hull bottom's outer edge closely. It has a very different geometry than the JS hulls, which seem to carve much better, and don't tend to slide out, if anything they would rather high side your ***.

Thought about sanding them flat, or filling the outer part of the recess, so there is a sloping flat surface that is deeper closer to the inner chine and doesn't have a sharp lip on the outer edge.

Please advise, thanks.
    Last edited by sportsfreak29; 01-08-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    If you're not crashing, then you're not trying!!!

Ski situation in limbo!

Special thanks to Chris Newmiller, and Mitchell at M&M Marine!

Thread Information