Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Engine long term storage

Hello all!

I am asking for your opinions and advice.

I am blessed with a family that enjoys being on the water with our SeaDoos. My wife, son and I each have our own. So, what I have been doing is gathering backup parts, like wiring harness, MPEMS, VTSs and engines.

For my wife's GSX RFI I was able to get an engine that is quiet with good compression and I am in the middle of rebuilding a back up for my carb GSX. My main question is around long term storage of those engines. They will be stored inside but here is what I am thinking of doing:

Packing cooling with Prestone anti-fteeze. fogging thoroughly, then packing the case and Rotary Valve with XPS 2 oil. Cleaning and spraying the outside with silicone. After that using dry packs in a trash bag and vacuuming the air out of the bag.

Am I missing anything? It it way overkill?

The second part is that the back up for my wife's was a salt water engine. It was flushed after each use. Before I pulled it I ran aint-freeze through it. Is there something else I should do before I pack it away?

Thank you for any time you can spend giving me your advice!!!

PWCToday Regular

Re: Engine long term storage

sounds overkill to me since you're keeping them inside but it never hurts to be safe. Be sure to inspect your rubber seals after taking it out of storage to make sure they're not brittle/cracked.

Re: Engine long term storage

Thanks for the input. I think is bit overkill but better to be safe then sorry.

Thread Information