Changed battery in seadoo - now loads of IBR errors. - Please help!
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Changed battery in seadoo - now loads of IBR errors. - Please help!

Hi Guys,

So yesterday I changed the battery in my 2009 RXT IS. Prior to changing the battery everything was working fine. Obviously as part of changing the battery in these skis, the fuse boxes need to be moved out of the way to allow the battery box to come out.

Now it has a whole bunch of IBR errors.

P1661
    U0129
    U16A4
    U16A5

• The battery is fully charged and brand new.
    • I have tested the CAN HI and LO wires as per the service manual - all ok
    • I have visually inspected the bottom of the fuse boxes and cannot see any wires dislodged.
    • I have inspected the starter solenoid and everything seems fine. When the battery is fully charged, the ski starts fine (although when the charge is down a little, all I get is a "click" when I press the starter button - making me think the starter solenoid might be on the way out).
    • I have tried putting the old battery back in which did not fix the issue.
    • Oddly enough, this morning I went out after leaving the battery on charge all night, and for the first few minutes, I didn't get the errors, then they came back.
    • Voltage when running is about 14.1
    • Voltage to CAN HI Bus is about 2.6 volts (which is within CAN range)
    • Voltage to CAB LO Bus is about 2.4 volts (which is within CAN range)

So - im stumped. In really quite frustrated as the kids have been waiting all winter for the weather to warm up and we were finally due to head out boxing day.

Any guidance or help you can provide to helping identify the problem would be much appreciated.

Dave

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Changed battery in seadoo - now loads of IBR errors. - Please help!

so a bit of an update - and a few questions.

Went outside this morning and put the lanyard in. Pressed the start button to wake the ski up, and no errors at all. Went to operate the IBR using override, but it wouldn't budge. Then - the errors all came flooding back.

I gave the IBR motor 12 volts directly to see fi it would actually move, and it doesn't move at all. Tried reversing polarity, but it just clicks - doesn't move the bucket at all. My assumption is that supplying 12v directly to the IBR motor "Should" result in it moving up or down (depending on polarity.).

So, im starting to think this is all one big coincidence. I now am going to pull the IBR motor out, but im in a spot of bother. I cant lift the bucket to get to the bolts inside. Does anyone have any bright ideas as to how I get the IBR out if the bucket is stuck in the down position?.

Dave

PWCToday Regular

Can you remove the white bushings on the gate to wiggle and get better access? Once you loosen that you should be able to get to the side bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09-10 ibr stuff is not so good, and i believe you have to upgrade the bucket and all the hardware with the new IBR module. same thing when the driveshaft strips out, you will have to replace the driveshaft and sealing ring with the traditional carbon ring style. why they did that PIA threaded driveshaft i will never know. the early IS skis have a terrible amount of problems.

I have had more top decks off those damn things than i want to remember...

Thread Information