Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday Regular

Re: Need advice on superjet hull I bought

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    No no gelcoat on that ski, get the phenocil microballoons filler when you order the epoxy, you mix it with the 635 epoxy to make a filler like Bondo. much easier to work with than gelcoat, then you prime it and paint it with the paint of your choice.
    Awesome, so you'd recommend that 635 epoxy/phenocil microballoons filler putty for the repair spot (no fiberglass cloth) as well as the spot where its just the original gelcoat worn down?

Basically use the putty to cover areas that are worn down on the hull as well as the areas actually needing repair? Then sand down and paint?

Sorry for the stupid questions just trying to eliminate any second guessing that will happen when im mixing everything and actually ready to apply.

I do appreciate the help in advance!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

No you do the repair with the resin and the cloth, the microballoons is just like bondo and it is only used for smoothing and minor filling of the repaired area before priming and painting
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 12-24-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    No you do the repair with the resin and the cloth, the microballoons is just like bondo and it is only used for smoothing and minor filling of the repaired area before priming and painting
    Got it thanks again

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

The really cool part about the microballoons is that you can mix it to whatever consistency you like, if you want it thick so you can put it on with a bondo spreader you can do that , if you want it thinner so you can brush it on witha brush you can do that too.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information