Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Cool Yamaha wr500 wont start

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a yamaha WR500D waverunner 1990. It started yesterday, but since then I cannot get it running. The engine is turning over good, Ive choked it still no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also my battery which is brandnew got weak from trying to start it so many times without success, is this normal?

1 more quick question, What is the oil fuel ratio for this model?

Thanks for any help,

Brendan

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Yamaha wr500 wont start

Hello Brendan, welcome to the site.

For your machine to run, you need three things. Spark, Fuel, and compression. You need to determine what is missing from this equation, and trouble shoot from there.

Knowing what I know about Yamaha, I am going to guess you have a problem with the stop switch, killing the ignition, and giving you a no spark problem. Could be most anything though.....

"IF" you have a defective battery, low voltage will cause a no spark situation. Never assume just because your battery is new, that it is actually good....

With quality oil, you are fine at 50:1 ratio. You can go 40:1 if you want some added safety.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Yamaha wr500 wont start

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    Hello Brendan, welcome to the site.

For your machine to run, you need three things. Spark, Fuel, and compression. You need to determine what is missing from this equation, and trouble shoot from there.

Knowing what I know about Yamaha, I am going to guess you have a problem with the stop switch, killing the ignition, and giving you a no spark problem. Could be most anything though.....

"IF" you have a defective battery, low voltage will cause a no spark situation. Never assume just because your battery is new, that it is actually good....

With quality oil, you are fine at 50:1 ratio. You can go 40:1 if you want some added safety.

Thanks John appreciate the info.

Thread Information