Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Jetskiing in leaves

This is my friends and I first year of having jetskis. We have been riding in the impounded sections of the upper James river. Yesterday was our first encounter with a river full of leaves and we were unable to get very far before the pumps got partially or fully clogged and needed cleaning. About every 100 yards or so. Is there anyway to ride in these conditions or do you just not take a jetski out when it's like this. I'm on a 750 xiss and I did remove and seal around the entire intake section after I got back. Could sealing cause the leaves to go through instead of get stuck in the intake?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: Jetskiing in leaves

Welcome to the forum.

Riding with leaves is not recommended. Small amounts are OK but when you cant get very far without clogging then you shouldnt keep riding.

If the leaves are mushy from being exposed to the water for a while, you could try to accelerate and push them through the pump. Otherwise, find another place to ride. Sticks and stems can be more difficult to clear as they can wedge themselves between the impeller blades and wear ring.
    Now: 2011 SeaDoo GTI SE 130

Then: 2008 SeaDoo GTI SE 130, 1994 Kawasaki SS Xi, 1989 Kawasaki ZX10, 1986 Yamaha Radian

PWCToday Newbie

Yes, that's what I was thinking. My buddy was on a 780 polaris and he had more probs than me. His stopped peeing and started smoking like hell. Luckily it looks like his cylinders were cooling but exhaust wasn't. Burnt all the paint right off the exhaust. After he got back he pulled a wad of leaves out of his pump.

Thread Information