Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: 03 Stx1200R

PWCToday Newbie

03 Stx1200R

I have an 03 stx1200r that is completely stock. Over the summer the #1 cylinder(closest to the oil pump) has become very rich to the point it runs rough. Iíve checked the spark and compression in all 3cyl and seem to be fine. Any suggestions what to look for that could cause this?

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 03 Stx1200R

No stxr guys out there? Since the oil pump is a pain to omit, does anyone have any idea if I could cap off the lines to the carbs and still keep the ones going to the bottom end? I would like to mix my own gas but not sure if it would push excess oil into the bottom end.

We’re the carbs pulled previous to having this issue. I do know that the air box mount rings have to go in a certain way for proper air metering to the diaphragm. If you flip it upside down they don’t work properly. Just a thought.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DSTAHLHUT View Post
    Weíre the carbs pulled previous to having this issue. I do know that the air box mount rings have to go in a certain way for proper air metering to the diaphragm. If you flip it upside down they donít work properly. Just a thought.
    Everything is original and has never been off. That is going to be my next step is messing with the carbs but I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone hat has had some mechanic time on these things.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

There is a check valve in the fitting where the line attaches to the carbs......needs to be removed & trash cleaned out that is holding the check ball open thus allowing oil to fill the carb.

PWCToday Newbie

I will give that a shot. Thank you for the info

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Ragged Edge Racing's Avatar

I often thought about unplugging the oil lines to the carbs and just having them run back to the oil reservoir so I could run premix in the gas while keeping the lower end oiling in tact. I was not about to pull the engine just to block off the oil system. Got rid of it a couple years ago. Practically gave it away for what I had into it.

Thread Information