User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

750 ss xi sparks once or not at all

So I have a 750 SSXi engine and electronics in my X2 went out to the Pismo free ride this last weekend and in the surf my start switch started acting up a little bit while I was out there had to push up several times to get it to work and now after washing the ski when I try to start it I may get one Spark or not at all and occasionally it will run took the stop switch apart and cleaned the contacts that were corroded but didn't help. I believe the stop circuit is causing this after reading a few threads since I get the single spark right when you hit the button, any one ever figure out what causes the one and then none spark?

Re: 750 ss xi sparks once or not at all

I'm pretty sure the the kill is normally open. So bad contacts or connection would equal ski won't shut off. Check your ground from battery to starter. Make sure starter mounting bolts are tight. Make sure you have good ground to ebox and good battery supply to ebox.

Re: 750 ss xi sparks once or not at all

It ended up being the stop swtich, on the switch from a SSXi there is 2 sets of contacts one set for when the switch is out and one set that is for when the switch is pressed and they had gotten corroded and the switch was not returning all the way out there for not meeting the contacts I cleaned the corrosion off and added dielectric grease so it would slide smoothly and seems to work great now.

Thread Information