Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

waverunner 800 XLT waterjet

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a single owner XLT800 with the 66E engine and 66V water pump.
    The original owner reported the ski would not start/ not turn over.... Ski has been sitting for past 1.5 yrs on the trailer outside. Overall, the boat is on good shape. I got a fair price on it, because of the issues with it.....
    Mechanically it has issues.....
    The part that has me beating my head against the wall is the water pump. I was able to remove the entire unit from the ski, housings, drive line, intermediate shaft...etc.
    It was very difficult as the corrosive nature of saltwater had done its work well....

The pump wear ring has swollen in the housing and jammed the blades of the impeller against it!!! From what i read here, that is a common problem and I have located the after market wear ring housing that can accommodate the plastic wear ring. The impeller seems in good shape as is the driveshaft, bearings and such....

I cant seem to get the current wear ringIMG_20181019_084430141.jpg housing, along with the pump/driveshaft to separate from the housing. I have found replacement pumps on eBay and such, but before dropping $$$ i would like to get ya'lls opinion on it....I have attached a picture showing what is stuck together....

Should I struggle with trying to separate them or just get a used setup from eBay???

Jason

PWCToday Newbie

Re: waverunner 800 XLT waterjet

UPDATE:
    I was able to use a hydraulic press to separate the drive shaft from the housing along with the impeller intact.
    I was able to remove all the bearings as well from the ducted housing. They are going to be replaced for sure. I wasn't able to remove the cone end oil seal intact. I had to bend it up to get it out of the ducted housing. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement for that oil seal?? Im coming up empty on the interweb.... any local shops or online places???
    I found the replacement main shaft bearings online no problems.... I found the plastic wear ring housing already and planning on putting that in next in place of the stainless steel one from the factory....

That thing was stuck together like somebody had welded it cold.... But I got it done!!!!

Thread Information