Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Leaks, leaks and more leaks - sinking

As some may know from my other forum i just bought a pair of 2003 cup DIís. Took a while to get running but now they are up and running however each one has a diff issue.

Machine 1: When I hookup to hose it pours water from some hose under the seat! I wasnít sure if this was an issue when in the water but it was. After 5 mins of riding she was sinking. Btw when on the hose no water comes out of the piss hole in front left of the bow. Seems like a hose is cracked or split. Ideas? I canít see much because itís directly under the seat and up high. Does it on hose or in water running!
    Machine 2:
    All seemed good until it went in the water. I see water pouring from pump area. It was hard to pinpoint because the bildge had so much water but it seemed to come from all around the mount in the rear. Forward of the coupling. I canít tell what type of seal is in there because the mount covers most of it. Ideas?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Leaks, leaks and more leaks - sinking

As you state, machine number 1 sounds like you have a hose off, or cracked. You need to find it, and replace.

Machine number 2 sounds like the carbone ring is leaking where the shaft come trhough the hull (Common). You should be able to tell with the seat off, and running the ski on the trailer with the PTO cover removed.

I suggest a shop manual. It will show procedures on replacing carbone ring, and coolant hose routing.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    As you state, machine number 1 sounds like you have a hose off, or cracked. You need to find it, and replace.

Machine number 2 sounds like the carbone ring is leaking where the shaft come trhough the hull (Common). You should be able to tell with the seat off, and running the ski on the trailer with the PTO cover removed.

I suggest a shop manual. It will show procedures on replacing carbone ring, and coolant hose routing.
    Thanks
    I do have the shop manual on the procedure. Removing the seat allows very minimal access on the 03 XP DI. I do have limited access under the rear cover but the mount (maybe a carrier bearing) and bracket makes it hard to see anything. I am just not sure where else it could be spraying from. Machine 2 also has an issue where it seems to jump in and out of power band (4900-6000) rpm when at WOT, almost like a misfire or stumble but not exactly. I could always address that separately when i can get it to float, lol.

PWCToday Newbie

BTW anyone recommend a certain brand for the Carbon Seal kit, Link? Something that they actually used and is tried and true

PWCToday Newbie

Any experience with this kit? I would like to go oem but it seems I have to buy each part individually and it’s very expensive, especially with two machines.

https://bayareapowersports.com/i-248...kaArzuEALw_wcB

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

This is mine, Tried & tue;

https://www.watcon.com/jet-pump-driv...carbone-ring-1

I do not have them on the site, but I also have complete kits. $75 + s&h

John
    watcon@watcon.com
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday Newbie

Appreciate it, they just came in and I removed both of the old ones but I don’t see ANY signed of wear

Thread Information