Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Top Dog

Re: Tips Prepping for Stock Class with and SXR800 -Midwest Riders

i'm going to try my best and dumb things down so mc2 can understand the topic at hand as he's obviously no Einstein and i just can't resist deriding Chris when he's in the wrong.( yes Chris,it does happen!)

1-"Restosud then brilliantly responds in post #59 with: "Mr blair's treatises only approach engine efficiency,noise and pollution.nowhere can i remember seeing any of his research referencing oil ratio,and he certainly does not do any "high performance modifications" research."
    still butthurt by this irrefutable comment! i'm beginning to wonder if you have read (nevermind understood) these books?
    had you done so,you could've :
    1- precisely direct us to any supporting evidence from blair about your comment "Free horsepower from adding more pre-mix oil??? Whatever you say... lol!" your post # 10
    2-precisely direct us to the " high performance/racing " research ?

2-"After that display of reading comprehension and sentence structure You are going to start giving spelling lessons??? Just taking a stab in the dark here... I am guessing that I should not expect any type of intelligent response from you either?" your post #80

"From what I can tell, unless you have something better, the only thing even somewhat accurate in your initial post is that "Av gas uses a different Octane ratting"(and you spelled rating wrong?). "your post # 33
    is this another one of your cases of the pot calling the kettle black? care not say much more as it's pretty self explanatory,even for you Einstein!

3-"btw, I am still waiting on any one of you Rocket Surgeons to post up something verifiable that would indicate that my btu and specific gravity numbers for gasoline as well as my PON octane numbers for 100LL are incorrect. And please ladies, no more old magazine article links... " your post #80

"Conventional winter blend gasoline typically has a 12,500 btu/gal rating, whereas, 100LL (avgas) has a 12,500 btu/gal rating also. Simply put pump gasoline and aviation gasoline (100LL) have the same energy content, period. If you are seeing a horse power loss or gain it is not from the gasolines octane rating." your post #10
    WRONG again!
    see:https://www.ocean.washington.edu/cou...rgynumbers.pdf ( unlike you,i'll tell you to go to page 8: fossil fuels)
    you will find very similar results from the IFP's and other research institute's websites.
    there is at least 9% variation in btu or joules content between different octane gasoline and your numbers are not even close!
    so yes,wmazz was right.(don't you hate it when this happens?)

4-btw, did I mention I don't give a sheet about fuel/oil ratios or what you four monkeys think of them? your post #80
    "Same old sheet from you... I don't see anything about oil/fuel ratio in relation to HP in your wiki link snatch? Can you post up dyno sheets or at least provide some indication of the HP increase from the added oil?? " post #70
    this oil ratio thing apparently does bother you!this is only the 4th post you've made to defend your position!

Chris; please post your mailing addy so i can send you a shovel so you may:
    1- dig your way of the bs you've been posting.perhaps you can lower the level low enough to actually read the books you posted a link to.
    2- dig your own grave cause no one else can do a better job of it.

next time i make it up to Oregon (very nice part of the world btw),remind me to buy you a beer or 3 so we can comparasize and analyze carbide inserts.
    i now find it interesting ( not really,but just trying to entertain you) that you persevere down a road on which you know you're in the wrong and on which you have provided preciously little requested information (3 times at least)to back up your claim....

I do appreciate the gentle and thoughtful but yet unnecessary capital R you used when mentioning my user id ( post #80).thanks.
    does this mean you're taking the high road now?
    my apologies for whatever grammar or punctuations errors;the 2nd bottle of wine is not conducive to accuracy and the prune juice doesn't help!
    Last edited by restosud; 11-18-2018 at 02:22 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Unfortunately, I cannot read the pdf for you, so we still have a slight problem don't we restosud? I know that I have repeatedly explained this to you and it may sound complicated at first, but... If/when you feel that you can manage to pull your head out of B.S. Bills azz long enough to read the pdf yourself??? http://dragonfly75.com/motorbike/2StrokeDesign.pdf Simply dive right into any chapter pertaining to time area targets, port/crankcase scavenging, compression ratios, tuned exhausts, etc. (or pretty much the whole book)... Or you might try just starting at the beginning and stopping at the end like everybody else.

It is baffling to me that the B.S. Bill fan club chooses to remain ignorant regarding modern 2-stroke design and tuning? Where do you girls think a lot of the engine design and engineering for the PWC you currently ride came from anyway? Fact is, pretty much every 2-stroke manufacturer and competitive 2-stroke race team in the last 25 years has benefitted in one way or another from Blairs work and/or Blair based engine design software. By the 1980's all the OEM's including Kawasaki had recognized Blairs work with Yamaha doing so almost two decades prior in the early 70's. Yet you dip****s prefer this garbage: http://www.bridgestonemotorcycle.com/index2.html

Also not sure why you ladies choose to ignore the significance of the SAE. If you are an automotive mechanical engineer, having your work accepted by the SAE is a big deal! That being said, you girls should probably just keep getting your information from Dirt Bike magazine articles and ATV website posts, Blair is kind of technical.

I was going off memory and made a mistake with my btu ratings. My post should have read: "Conventional winter blend gasoline typically has a 112,500 btu/gal rating, whereas, 100LL (avgas) has a 112,500 btu/gal rating also". I missed a "1"... The rest of the post is correct however. B.S. Bills post implies that lower octane gasoline somehow magically provides increased HP due to a lower octane rating and that 100LL requires jetting changes due to it's lower density (specific gravity). Both B.S. Bill statements are incorrect.

I don't drink during the day so keep your beer. Feel free to stop by anytime though.

Home of Newmiller Machine

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I just fingered a double cheeseburger. So. Warm. Pretty sure I got my red wings, it had ketchup.

How much oil do I add to the flywheel cover on my 750? Fill it up, right?
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

.....and I'll take the BEER!!!!!!!!!!

Top Dog

nope,i don't have a problem.you on the other hand??
    can you even read much less comprehend ?
    how can you look at yourself with a straight face and persevere down this road of ignorance you're on?

and now you're going off on a tangent by referencing time targets,case scavenging,tuned pipes etc...,yamaha's use of blair's work,glory of sae's acceptance of engineering research,etc... etc...all of which have nothing to do with either btu content of gasoline nor oil mix ratio which is what you've been disputing from your first asinine post #10 on this thread!
    the op has an sxr which may or may not have benefited from blair's work.idk,but this is not what the op was asking about!

no one here has disputed any validity of sae papers nor blair's research,but yet you keep bringing this up.
    why are you so stuck on stupid?

since you obviously can't read correctly,i'll paste this info for everyone to see:

Fossil fuels
    • Barrel of oil equivalent (boe) = approx. 6.1 GJ (5.8 million Btu), equivalent to
    1,700 kWh. One "Petroleum barrel" is a liquid measure equal to 42 U.S.
    gallons (35 Imperial gallons or 159 liters); about 7.2 barrels oil are equivalent to
    one tonne of oil (metric) = 42-45 GJ.
    • Gasoline: US gallon = 115,000 Btu = 121 MJ = 32 MJ/liter (LHV). ‘Premium’ or
    HHV gasoline = 125,000 Btu/gallon = 132 MJ/gallon = 35 MJ/liter
    o Metric tonne gasoline = 8.53 barrels = 1356 liter = 43.5 GJ/t (LHV); 47.3
    GJ/t (HHV)
    o gasoline density (average) = 0.73 g/ml (= metric tonnes/m3
    )
    • Petro-diesel = 130,500 Btu/gallon (36.4 MJ/liter or 42.8 GJ/t)
    o

similar info is backed up by the IFP just in case you challenge the validity!

above info proves that different gasolines have different btu ratings but yet you say again and wrongly:
    "I was going off memory and made a mistake with my btu ratings. My post should have read: "Conventional winter blend gasoline typically has a 112,500 btu/gal rating, whereas, 100LL (avgas) has a 112,500 btu/gal rating also". I missed a "1"..."

you're missing more than a 1 there sonny boy!you're missing 10k btu's,and that's just the difference between regular and super unleaded!never mind 100LL

maybe you should drink during the day,it might improve your reading comprehension !
    Last edited by restosud; 11-19-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Top Dog

updated post.please disregard previous one.

nope,i don't have a problem.you on the other hand??
    can you even read much less comprehend ?
    how can you look at yourself with a straight face and persevere down this road of ignorance you're on?

and now you're going off on a tangent by referencing time targets,case scavenging,tuned pipes etc...,yamaha's use of blair's work,glory of sae's acceptance of engineering research,etc... etc...all of which have nothing to do with either btu content of gasoline nor oil mix ratio which is what you've been disputing from your first asinine post #10 on this thread!
    the op has an sxr which may or may not have benefited from blair's work.idk,but this is not what the op was asking about!

no one here has disputed any validity of sae papers nor blair's research,but yet you keep bringing this up.
    why are you so stuck on stupid?

since you obviously can't read correctly,i'll paste this info for everyone to see:

Fossil fuels
    • Barrel of oil equivalent (boe) = approx. 6.1 GJ (5.8 million Btu), equivalent to
    1,700 kWh. One "Petroleum barrel" is a liquid measure equal to 42 U.S.
    gallons (35 Imperial gallons or 159 liters); about 7.2 barrels oil are equivalent to
    one tonne of oil (metric) = 42-45 GJ.
    • Gasoline: US gallon = 115,000 Btu = 121 MJ = 32 MJ/liter (LHV). ‘Premium’ or
    HHV gasoline = 125,000 Btu/gallon = 132 MJ/gallon = 35 MJ/liter
    o Metric tonne gasoline = 8.53 barrels = 1356 liter = 43.5 GJ/t (LHV); 47.3
    GJ/t (HHV)
    o gasoline density (average) = 0.73 g/ml (= metric tonnes/m3
    )
    • Petro-diesel = 130,500 Btu/gallon (36.4 MJ/liter or 42.8 GJ/t)
    o

similar info is backed up by the IFP just in case you challenge the validity!

above info proves that different gasolines have different btu ratings but yet you say again and wrongly:
    "I was going off memory and made a mistake with my btu ratings. My post should have read: Conventional winter blend gasoline typically has a 112,500 btu/gal rating, whereas, 100LL (avgas) has a 112,500 btu/gal rating also". I missed a "1"... ". I missed a "1"..."

you're missing more than a 1 there sonny boy!you're missing 12.5k btu's.and you can see the 10k btu difference between regular and super unleaded!never mind 100LL which has 31.592 MJ/liter using your best buddy's ASTM-910 methodology!
    so your , "Conventional winter blend gasoline typically has a 112,500 btu/gal rating, whereas, 100LL (avgas) has a 112,500 btu/gal rating also" is an inaccurate statement!

maybe you should drink during the day,it might improve your reading comprehension !
    Last edited by restosud; 11-19-2018 at 01:49 AM.

I drink, therefore I read. What I read, I have no fukking clue.

I'm frying a turkey, stuffed with whiskey, hard cheese, and some other weird sh!t. Think it'll be an issue when cheese meets oil?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home wmazz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chris-mas came early Lots of presents under the tree!

Cheers to whazguude! and Beer for all!

Attachment 545157
    Last edited by wmazz; 11-20-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    Horsepower == Speed, RPM != Speed

AKA: Fitzy Cent Top Dog

and here I was thinking I was going to learn something

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information