Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003 xp-di

Re: 2003 xp-di

Quote Originally Posted by turbosl2 View Post
    Ok that will be my plan tonight. My assumption is the wires were cut to wire in the new relay when he realized he bought a 4 wire relay vs a 3, then stopped
    That is what I was guessing but I did not want to say it and take you down a wrong path.

PWCToday Newbie

I am pretty sure it won’t power up after I wire on the original relay because he cut it out for a reason. And the new one is 4 wire

Frequent Poster

Dess posts are known bad on those boats , he may have been trying to get the relay to power up not knowing the dess post was the problem, test the relay, also bad grounds to engine made me chase my tail until I corrected them, ground OK at the bottom of the block near starter but no ground above barrels or at head

PWCToday Newbie

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 1957Dave View Post
    Dess posts are known bad on those boats , he may have been trying to get the relay to power up not knowing the dess post was the problem, test the relay, also bad grounds to engine made me chase my tail until I corrected them, ground OK at the bottom of the block near starter but no ground above barrels or at head
    Hmm well I canít find any ground visible to my eye. Lol. If I short the starter relay she cranks. If I apply power to the black wire with purple stripe at the cutoff relay to energize it, she will boot up gauges, beep and starter button will crank her. It will also recognize the key is in cause of 2 beeps. Just nothing happens when you remove the key and reinsert it without the cutoff relay manually energized. DESS post not recognizing key is inserted and bad?

See wiring photo circled in red

Frequent Poster

OK try this, first back probe 2/12 to battery ground, should have continuity, remove connector 2 ,with key on check 2/12 to either 2/15 or 2/23 should have continuity on one of them, next check 2/20 to either 2/15 or 2/23 should be on the opposite , if that's OK DESS is working, that triggers MEPM to send voltage on 3/9 to pull relay down and send power back on 3/25

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks Dave will try this tonight, I should unplug this connection at the MPEM and prob the connector?

Frequent Poster

back probe 2/12 with connector on then remove for dess test and probe connector

PWCToday Newbie

back probe 2/12 with connector on then remove for dess test and probe connector
    Will do and report back.

PWCToday Newbie

OK try this, first back probe 2/12 to battery ground, should have continuity, remove connector 2 ,with key on check 2/12 to either 2/15 or 2/23 should have continuity on one of them, next check 2/20 to either 2/15 or 2/23 should be on the opposite , if that's OK DESS is working, that triggers MEPM to send voltage on 3/9 to pull relay down and send power back on 3/25
    first part checks out with key on but nothing from 2/20 to 2/15 or 2/20 to 2/23 key on or not. No continuity

Frequent Poster

Dess failed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information