Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Am I wasting my time?

So I got the Daytona and the Barracuda converted to a premix and feel a lot better about the future of my engines well being. I haven't had a chance to get the sharks out to the water yet. From what I've been reading the Barracuda is a handful to ride and not very stable. I'm a big guy 6ft1 around 270, what I'm seeing is it's a light guys ride. So am I wasting my time working on this thing? As a novice I don't need to try to be taming a squirrel... Any thoughts from the experienced guys would be appreciated.

Re: Am I wasting my time?

I would say at least give it a try now that your almost there anyways. Don't take this the wrong way but what you've heard is correct in that it is more at home with smaller riders (I was told 5'7 or smaller is best). Having personally owned and ridden one they are not that comfy (I'm 5'10 and 170) and I used mine mostly to pound waves and Hoon around on. Very tippy, finicky to get on plane if your not in the right position and don't have a perfect jetpump (most don't these days). The Daytona is a little better but again finicky to get settled while cruising. Those things love to pourpus and cavitate. My personal recommendation is to try them for yourself and see if you like them. You already own them and fixed them, mine as well ride them at least once. I liked my cudda but it just wasn't practical for me as I ride mostly on large open rivers. Hope my ramblings helped lol
    Last edited by Associated98; 10-06-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    Own:
    98' TS1000R
    97' Daytona 1000
    97' Daytona 1000
    97' Daytona 1000
    Owned:
    94' Montego (my first) sold
    95' Daytona sold
    95' Daytona parted out
    95' Barracuda sold
    96' Montego sold
    96' Daytona (the one that got away...) sold
    96' Monte Carlo 900 sold
    97' Daytona 1000 clean and beautiful. You will be missed.
    97' Daytona 1000 sold
    99' TS770R sold

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Am I wasting my time?

Absolutely, appreciate input from anyone with experience. Seems like a logical way to approach it. I am a bit of a speed junkee and thought rhe Barracuda would be the speediest of what I got. I know I don't have anything fast but, they were all cheap enough I don't have to worry to much about roughing them up. Thanks for the thoughts and I'll just plan on spending some time IN the water haha.

Thread Information