Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How important is ethanol free gas.

Use e free if u can but I don't on skis, old skis, yz450s, it200s, atv, cars, trucks. I can only find 87 w/o alky and would rather run 93. Only thing that happens is my megasquirted Volvo if it sits for 6mos the gas will go bad enough that it will only run during the cold start timer then dies, but I have that thing leaned way out off boost. My Land Rover said never run gas with alky in the owners manual, then they replaced the tanks on recall.

dont let ethanol sit in your ski. run it if you have to but dont put it up for any amount of time with that stuff in the carbs

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    Exactly, another bad law made by Tree-Huggers. It actually causes more pollution because you have to burn more fuel to develop the same power as non-blended gasoline.

Can't wait till President Trump kills this stupid law...
    Last I checked, the Ethanol train was pushed by farmers and a few tree huggers. The only people who still want it are the farmers. Ethanol ended up being worse for the environment due to farmers filling in pot holes and growing in low or dry lands to get as much as they can get.

It doesn't cause more pollution. The end C02 amount is going to be same. Take a chemistry class.

I've run ethanol in my ski, but I made sure to run it all through and go back to ethanol free when I got home. I just tore down my carbs at over 1000 hours, I have zero varnish or gunk in my carbs. DO NOT LET IT SIT! SXRs say in the manual that they can run up to 10% ethanol. A 90s Jet ski won't have ethanol approved fuel lines or plastics.
    Third Coast Freeride - Midwest Wave Warriors

Wooka Wooka Wookay. Let's Fing Rage!

"It doesn't cause more pollution. The end C02 amount is going to be same. Take a chemistry class."

If you need to burn more fuel to travel the same distance and the same speed, you create more pollution for the same amount of Energy yield.

Take a Thermodynamics class...lol

You need more ethanol fuel with less potential energy. You still get the same kinetic engergy and roughly the same C0 and C02 output.

"Oh my gosh, keep er moving"
    Third Coast Freeride - Midwest Wave Warriors

Wooka Wooka Wookay. Let's Fing Rage!

The carbon is pulled from the air with eythy, instead of from the ground. So its not the same carbon impact.

You should see what the new fuel does to fuel islands tanks and sumps. Turns them into a hunk of rust needing a tractor style painting. The ultra low sulfur diesel grows algae like it's fertilizer.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home garrcass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well in COMMIEFORNIA. We run it year round and if your smart at the end of the season you drain your tank and spend $7 a gal on a few galons of E-free 93 and make sure to get it worked through the fuel system and then let it sit..

You can pull a primer and sometimes a carb for that matter off a ski that was parked in the 90's and it will work untill it sees a season of E gas

Ethonal sucks I get way beter gas milage when I come home from out of state
    ( Girlfrends are cheap X2,s are expensive )

I don't think 10% ethanol is a total killer with newish fuel injected motors that are run frequently and don't sit in humid environments. Ethanol contaminated gas has less power and gives poorer mileage than real gas, but it gets votes in that corny state with the first presidential primary. If it wasn't for that effect, science would prevail, and it wouldn't be shoved down our throats. With carbs I try to always run ethanol free gas station gas that has whatever octane the manual calls for. Most recently paid about a buck more than pump E10 87 octane. Have to go out of state, it's not sold in DE. With small 2 smokes, I almost always run ethanol free 100 octane long shelf life AV gas. I paid $5.25 at a local AV place last week. 2 and 4 stroke snow and lawn stuff gets AV gas for off season storage. I've had way too many $100 carb repair bills until I gas up on ethanol gas. Even switched both my home generators to natural gas and propane. My previous gasoline Honda generator clogged with only three months inactivity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information