Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

650sx to sbn 44 throttle cable routing

I am helping a buddy get his 650 running that he recently purchased. I pulled the carb today and it has no idle stop screw and the throttle bracket is bent in all sorts of weird ways. There is no spring on the “arm” so they attached an exterior spring that attaches elsewhere on the ski to bring the throttle back closed, Super ghetto. What is the proper routing of the cable? Should it come from the bottom or top? Also where can you purchase the cable assembly for the carb since this one is jacked? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roush611; 09-25-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Re: 650sx to sbn 44 throttle cable routing

Here this may help you need a few components, John Zigler/Watcon can hook you up I would think. I believe I have bought various components from him over the years. I have broke at least 2-3 SS throttle cable brackets over the last 15 years.... welded a few back together too. Just a heads up good to have a spare. I may have bought a bracket or 2 at SBT also. Install the wheel & bracket on the other side of your 44.
    It was so long ago that I had done this ... I'm not sure what is technically correct never the less this is how I set mine up. The bracket utilizes some of the pump cover screws.
    IMG_2125.jpg
    Last edited by mjkaliszak; 09-29-2018 at 06:37 AM.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mjkaliszak View Post
    Here this may help you need a few components, John Zigler/Watcon can hook you up I would think. I believe I have bought various components from him over the years. I have broke at least 2-3 SS throttle cable brackets over the last 15 years.... welded a few back together too. Just a heads up good to have a spare. I may have bought a bracket or 2 at SBT also. Install the wheel & bracket on the other side of your 44.
    It was so long ago that I had done this ... I'm not sure what is technically correct never the less this is how I set mine up. The bracket utilizes some of the pump cover screws.
    Thank you this helps!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Thanks for the kind words mjkaliszak.

roush611 I do have all needed parts in stock. New multi hole throttle cable drum, cable bracket, new throttle cables, and even used correct return spring and hardware.

I leave today for Havasu. If you call me early enough I can ship today (8am - 10am your time). Otherwise I am back in the shop mid next week.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Thread Information