Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home spitz15's Avatar

Impros = piss poor

I’ll keep this short and sweet. I had a prop custom ordered and made by impros. Once i received and measured it, it was competely different than what i ordered. It cost me $515. I asked kindly to send the impeller back for a refund because this is not what i ordered. Their response was “sell it on social media”.

Impros is a poorly run business and i urge anyone to stay away. Skat Trak is by far worlds ahead of them!
    Im addicted...

I dream skis

Re: Impros = piss poor

Do you have a copy of what you ordered vs what you received?
    1994 WB1 1100 conversion - 57mph on GPS

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home spitz15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StuRat View Post
    Do you have a copy of what you ordered vs what you received?
    Yes i do. Measured back to back. Even someone that doesn’t know how to measure a prop can visibly see a difference with the naked eye.

i strongly recommend Skat Trak over impros any day.
    Im addicted...

I'm sorry to hear that your expectations weren't met by Impros. And I see by your post count that this isn't your first rodeo...

It would help if you post a photo of the Work Order with Specifications and the Before and After appearance of the Impeller in question. To show the mismatch(es).

Why so expensive ($515)? What was the scope of work and what was included? A reconditioning job runs about $100. A remanufactured Impeller with no core runs $100 to $250. Pitch change $100 bucks. Setbacks/Cutbacks extra. Etc.

But due to the very limited supply of Pro Shops that specialize in modifying, customizing, balancing and remanufacturing PWC Impellers, I have to comment as follows:

Skat-Trak and Solas have different Blade Pitch Scales. Were you and Impros basing the modifications on the same Blade Pitch Scale? Apples to Apples...

An Impeller can only be modified by a few degrees. Was your Impeller within safe/possible modification range?

You asked for a refund but was denied. Was this a one of a kind uncommon unique Impeller? Why couldn't it be sent back for corrections?

My personal experience with Impros has been good and so too have the local riders'. Need to know how this went wrong.

The Jetski World is very small and it behooves us all to support the Shops that cater to us.

PWCToday Guru

That is strange Dave at improv helped me out a lot I’m not too familiar on impellers but I️ couldn’t get my new impeller 10/16 hooker cut down for a 650 to fit. My old impeller came out just fine and looked almost brand new so I️ was wondering what was wrong save said they might’ve messed up he gave me the measurements and I️ measured and I️t was correct and said if I️t wasn’t correct he would’ve been glad to fix I️t, but I️t ended up being my wearing so now I’m trying to figure out how to fix that

I dream skis
    Blog Entries

Impros does a LOT of impellers for our shop and we have never had a problem with them or the impellers.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

perhaps op should supply specifics on this order and what he received.
    impros has always been good to correct any discrepancies .

Not sure if this is the same guy, but saw this posted on one of the Facebook jetski pages for $515.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Modifying to a thin blade setup is very expensive and irreversible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Frequent Poster

Bummer man. If it is the setback that they %&%$& up, you could always have a custom seal sleeve made to get the set back where you need it. At least you can do it on a 650 sx.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information