Cant believe the fuel valve was all the problems.
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Cant believe the fuel valve was all the problems.

The XP is a blast now to ride like a totally different ski Thanks to John Zigler telling me to check the entire fuel system and the select valve and man was it ever clogged up , The carbs and pump were fine , filters were fine , and i would've never checked that valve , I even had this thing to shops before for tune ups and carb adjustments before i started wrenching on them myself and it never ran like this , Plus the smokey exhaust is gone , So i decided to check the valve on the TS tonight and same thing it was clogged bad so in the carb dip it went and its totally clear now and all this time i figured pump or carb on that too plus what a pita to start and it fouls plugs on a normal basis and cuts off once in a while when riding plus it smokes too much like the xp did so i cant wait to try that too , going to check that valve on the JS this weekend as well. I know you guys probably check these often but I'm learning And now at least i have carb kits for both from OSD hanging on the wall when needed.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: Cant believe the fuel valve was all the problems.

I chased a fuel issue for a while on one of my X2s...it was the fuel valve. You just never think to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

I see them fail all the time here.

Sincerely though, be careful "soaking" them in carb cleaner. There are small internal O-rings that can fail, or get damaged from carb cleaner. I like to just replace them with new, as they are not expensive.

Glad all is well now with your sea-doo.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

I always just disassemble them and clean them out.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I always just disassemble them and clean them out.
    This only works part of the time, if the internal rubber piece is damaged and it probably is on a 15-20 year old ski, no amount of cleaning will fix it, I agree with zig, and if a few shots of carb cleaner through the fuel selector won't fix it replace it.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    I see them fail all the time here.

Sincerely though, be careful "soaking" them in carb cleaner. There are small internal O-rings that can fail, or get damaged from carb cleaner. I like to just replace them with new, as they are not expensive.

Glad all is well now with your sea-doo.
    Crap i probably killed the O-rings then cause that berrymans chem dip is some mean stuff ,I have the one for the seadoo and i'll order one for the TS as well ,I put the one i cleaned back in the TS a few hours ago and took it for a spin before it was to dark and it ran great too but not like the change it gave the seadoo , Main thing was it started right up which it never does if it sits for a few days , I usually have to take the plugs out 4 or 5 times and give it a shot of carb cleaner with wd40 and put them back in and get it to fire for a few pops each time until it starts , the excessive smoking is gone on that one too. Next up is the JS and the nerve to try it finally I've had it since last September and registered it twice now because i just knew I'm jumping on it this summer.
    Last edited by aquanut; 09-22-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquanut View Post
    Crap i probably killed the O-rings then cause that berrymans chem dip is some mean stuff ,I have the one for the seadoo and i'll order one for the TS as well ,I put the one i cleaned back in the TS a few hours ago and took it for a spin before it was to dark and it ran great too but not like the change it gave the seadoo , Main thing was it started right up which it never does if it sits for a few days , I usually have to take the plugs out 4 or 5 times and give it a shot of carb cleaner with wd40 and put them back in and get it to fire for a few pops each time until it starts , the excessive smoking is gone on that one too. Next up is the JS and the nerve to try it finally I've had it since last September and registered it twice now because i just knew I'm jumping on it this summer.
    Some of them can be taken apart, and rebuilt. (Cleaned, new O-rings, etc) Again I don't bother as my shop labor rate is $85/ hour. I sell new fuel selects for $30 If you do the math, it would cost more for my customers to have me rebuild, than just get a new one....

For you though, You may want to just try to take them apart.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

I ordered one for the Seadoo anyway because I couldn’t get it to budge from the on position at all , the TS valve you could switch it back and forth still and a lot easier now that it’s clean , I’ll keep a eye on it tho to make sure it’s not leaking from the O-rings , if so I’ll get one for that ski too. These things are a whole lot cheaper than drag racing cars that’s for sure.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Thread Information