Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

New to jetski is this a good deal?

okay, so I have a question I am new to Jetskis and looking to get started on the cheaper side for now. I found someone selling 2 skis on a double trailer all registered. one is a seadoo 98 GTS and one is a Seadoo 97 GTX. On the gts the oil pump does not work so it needs to mix the oil. On the GTX they said the starter button is needed but there is a temporary button wired up. Aside from that on one of them, the HIN does not match the registration 100% only the last three digits. I am told One of them has a new engine with 15hrs. the other has a rebuilt engine 75 hrs. They only want $1500. Should I run away or is this a great deal?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Re: New to jetski is this a good deal?

Run!
    Last edited by Cliff; 09-20-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    What would Chuck Norris do?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

If that's the only issues, I'd give him a grand and be happy. Then again, I'm a different sort, and little sh!t doesn't bother me. I also may know a little bit about skis, so I ain't skeeered of fixing. ...except for that 10 mil. That little fukker likes to fuk you up, and then hide forever. I hate him now.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

run X 2 , better deals out there plus you won’t get the one registered and what about the trailer title ?
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aquanut View Post
    run X 2 , better deals out there plus you wonít get the one registered and what about the trailer title ?

Too late. Purchased them for $1250. I brought a jet ski mechanic with me who was amazing. Checked compression and everything. Said they are good to use as is but if I want to fix all the little things could be $1500 but donít need to. I probably will. Had them out on the water they were great. Registers them no issues even got pulled over by harbor patrol because they could not see the reg numbers on the side due to the design of the hull. Bad news is I blew a bearing in the trailer already.

we are brand new to this and itís just a toy that me and my teenage kids will enjoy. Would not have purchased anything more expensive.

Mechanic said that I could get a much newer one and have a lot more problems too. These are pretty simple no turbo or sophisticated engines and parts are cheaper. I may regret it based on all the comments here by we will have to wait and see. If I like them I can always upgrade to better skis. If I donít like them I can part them out for what I paid so no real risk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Ride em!!!!
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Ya only had two negitave comments , sounds like you made a good choice after all , have fun with them , and the little things you can fix , OSD MARINE is a great place for those parts
    Last edited by aquanut; 09-25-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Thread Information