Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

What models in 1994?

Looking at getting my first jet ski. Seems its a 1994 yamaha, 2 seater, faded blue and purple in color. From my searching on the web, I have been able to find out that Yamaha made 7 models of jet skis, listed below. Can anyone confirm this?

1. FX-1
    2. Super jet
    3. Wave Raider
    4. Wave runner VXR
    5. Wave runner Pro VXR
    6. Wave Blaster
    7. Wave Runner III (3 seater)...Since its a 2 seater, this one is ruled out.
    Last edited by Eggman_1; 09-17-2018 at 10:34 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Re: What models in 1994?

Post a photo. Should be easy to identify the model if that is what you are looking to do... The FX-1 and Super Jet are not sit down skis.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for your help Nate. I don't have a pic as of yet. Should have one by Wednesday I'm guessing. The friend I'm getting this from is cell phone slow, still has a flip with no camera. Just trying to get an idea of which one she has. She knows its a 1994, just not which one. The price is right so I'm waiting till our schedule lines up so I can go and get it.

Narrowing the list down. Seems like it should be either a 633cc or a 701cc engine in it.

3. Wave Raider
    4. Wave runner VXR
    5. Wave runner Pro VXR
    6. Wave Blaster
    Last edited by Eggman_1; 09-17-2018 at 11:57 AM.

the vxr and vxr pro are purple with neon yellow/green trim and seat. the vxr having the 650 motor and pro the 701
    https://www.google.com/search?q=imag...yTzKNTGcDkF8M:

PWCToday Newbie

She thinks that the ski has the PRO letters on the side. I'll find out tomorrow when I pull it and the trailer out of the weeds.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Purple and blue tells me it's a WR3. It's called a 3 seater but it's more like a 2 seater.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Finally went and picked it up on Thursday. It ended up being a 1992, not a 1994, WR500Q Waverunner. Trailer had one tire partially on the rim on one side and no tire on the other. I didn't have any hope for the trailer to begin with, so I had my 16 ft utility trailer to put it on. Brought it home, dumped some gas/oil mix in from my weed eater can. Checked for leaks in the fuel system, put a battery in and it fired up and idled for about 30 seconds then I shut it off. Awesome. Better results than what I was expecting that's for sure.

Now I am looking for the thread size for the garden hose hookup to be able to run it in the driveway for a few minutes, correct fuelil ratio and an owner's or a shop manual.

Last edited by Eggman_1; 09-24-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Added pic

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman_1 View Post
    Finally went and picked it up on Thursday. It ended up being a 1992, not a 1994, WR500Q Waverunner. Trailer had one tire partially on the rim on one side and no tire on the other. I didn't have any hope for the trailer to begin with, so I had my 16 ft utility trailer to put it on. Brought it home, dumped some gas/oil mix in from my weed eater can. Checked for leaks in the fuel system, put a battery in and it fired up and idled for about 30 seconds then I shut it off. Awesome. Better results than what I was expecting that's for sure.

Now I am looking for the thread size for the garden hose hookup to be able to run it in the driveway for a few minutes, correct fuelil ratio and an owner's or a shop manual.

Wow looks awesome! Good luck with your new Ski. I'm new too in the PWC world, I bought a VXR PRO 1993 with a 701CC 2 Strokes engine. I make some repairs, change the Starter, and lubricate parts, and runs AWESOME. I bought mine as little $200 with the trailer. I wish you the best with the ski.

Thread Information