User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Quick ? before i pull carbs on XP

What i found this morning is one of the head bolts that go's thru the rear hole in the carb bracket was only finger tight at best because the shop that made that bracket had the bolts reversed with the long bolt in the front hole and the short bolt in the back bracket where the spacer was and it only grabbed a few threads as to why it came loose , So i wanted to ask is this most likely my all of a sudden bogging problem soon as you hit the gas , also flushing it yesterday it revved wide open so i had to shut it down right away , Plugs were snow white when i pulled them so its lean i guess from sucking air ? I figured it was time for a carb rebuild even tho its been running perfect all the way around and plugs look perfect with a light tan color and they never foul i can use one set all summer until last week when it all of a sudden it died and i had to keep pumping the primer about every 5 seconds when it would start to die and that would get it going again.
    Carb Bracket 001 by Nuclearcobra, on Flickr
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Re: Quick ? before i pull carbs on XP

Ok what i see in the shop manual is the long bolt is in the right place but the back short bolt needed to be replaced with a long one due to the spacer , Also i said cylinder head bolt and now i see its a cylinder head cover bolt. So i guess that seals it from water leaking ? and would have nothing to do with it sucking air ? Its all new to me I've never ripped into the engine yet.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

PWCToday Newbie

There's nothing on that ski telling me that you need to run that type of intake system. Get a stock box, pull carbs, go back thru them and set the ls/hs screws back to factory..youll be beating your head to get that to run right

It has been running perfect for 13 years now ,Starts easy ,plugs last all summer and longer, no bogging , no sputtering , Top end feels great , its snappy outta the hole , This just happened during a ride last week , it just shut off and i had to pump the primer to get it started and pump it about every 8-10 seconds to get home then it would come back to life full tilt and smooth then feel run outta gas again , i just looked at the internal filter on the front carb and its clean so was the big filter you screw on , i didn't check the back carb because i have to remove them for that one but what i just checked is the fuel valve and its totally clogged , I could barley get any air through it at all and now that i tried a few times i cant get any whatsoever through it and i'm using 120 lb from my compressor , should i soak it in carb dip ? or once shot their shot ?
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Just buy one. They're cheap.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

I got it clear soaking it in chem dip last night but ordered one and a new knob last night also from OSD because I’d like the reserve to work for once and I’ve never been able to budge it.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Took it for a spin about a hour ago and its running great , better than ever , I'll still put the new valve in when it gets here.
    93 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Kawasaki TS 650
    92 Seadoo XP 587
    84 Kawasaki JS 550

Thread Information