Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Yamaha VXR Pro 701CC 1993

Hi Everyone, im new on the PWC World.

My name is Andres, and I am from Johns Creek, GA. I bought for the first Time a Yamaha VXR Pro 701CC 1993 for $200 with the trailer, was stored in a warehouse, with a bad starter. I have some knowledge with tools, I order the Starter on Amazon and just arrive today and its fix. I bought some TC-W3 Pennzoill, but the question is how many oil needs the motor? I need to mix some oil on the gas tank? I read some threads about a mixing proportion like 40:1 or 50:1, but the previous owners just Plain Gasoline, well, its what I look on the gas tank actually.

Sorry if the questions sound dumb, but I don't know to much of PWC.

To the moderators sorry if the post is duplicated, but I was looking everywhere but I cannot find nothing about. Please let me know if you can help me with that, im going to share some pictures of the Jet Ski.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Yamaha VXR Pro 701CC 1993

Welcome to the forum Andres. Looks like you got a good looking older ski in your posession! If you want to premix you should mix at 40:1. Or you can replace all the oil lines and fill the oil tank with fresh 2 stroke oil, then pre- mix the first tank of gas. By the time you run through it the oiling system should be primed and you will see it dripping down the carb throat while running. Probably better order a rebuild kit for the carb as well, if you have a backfire it can easily blow the waterbox apart and cost you $100.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Welcome to the forum Andres,
    +1 to what myself said.
    You have a nice first ski there. I have 2 of them that I ride for fun. I have a 93 and a 94.
    How long has it set in Warehouse? If it's been a couple years or more I'd put a tablespoon of oil it each plug hole and turn it over buy hand or bump it with the starter with the plugs out. This will insure the top end is well lubed during that first start up. I would also empty the fuel tank as best you can. Replace the fuel filter and all the oil lines from the tank to carb. You should rebuild the carb as well. Once you get it going you'll need to grease the center shaft support bearing. It's the grease fitting beside the carb.
    If you don't already have one the clymer manual for that ski is pretty good. Also if you would like I can send you a digital copy of the factory manual to your email address.
    Last edited by Dave in DE; 09-14-2018 at 08:52 AM.

IMG_20160705_140208315.jpg
    here's a pic of my 2 vxr pros along with my GPr and and cousins 1100 waveventure. my cousins about to take the 93 out.

PWCToday Newbie

Hey Guys! I am so excited, yesterday I put the Jet Ski on water, and runs pretty well, I get my life savers from ****s with an incredible offer, 75% OFF on marked price, so I get 3 O’Brien lifesavers for barely $60, grab and put it in one lake in GA, named Lake Lanier. Runs awesome, I can’t imagine the speed that the jet ski have, also it was my first time on water, I get rollover 3 times, but I’m ok. I call the previous owner and he says the jet ski was only stopped for like 2 months and the gas tank was empty. He told me the Jet Ski doesn’t need pre mix because the engine have some oil pump on the carb, and it’s get injected from there. So I just put plain gas on the engine, run it for like 5 hours and do it awesome.

9B87AB01-7FDE-4997-813B-2152A8BF03D3.jpeg
    37002C22-A6B4-409E-9B4A-63A58A053323.jpeg
    07B11B5E-FDE0-44A1-85CA-59E2C9CBC39B.jpeg

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in DE View Post
    IMG_20160705_140208315.jpg
    here's a pic of my 2 vxr pros along with my GPr and and cousins 1100 waveventure. my cousins about to take the 93 out.
    Wow Dave, your Yamaha looks like brand new! The stickers of my jet ski are completely faded, this week I’m going to remove all them, do some sanding, and put some fresh Paint.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Don't forget to add 2 stroke oil to that oil tank too!
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Andres, manual was sent to gmail. Let me know you got it and it opens ok.
    It's a fair sized folder so it may take bit of time to download. If it doesn't open I'll copy to CD and mail to you.

PWCToday Newbie

Thank you Dave. I already received and stored. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Welcome to the site. Hope you didn't buy a non oem, cheap chinese starter.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Thread Information