Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

1996 Wave Venture Impeller?

Just picked up this minty 1996 Wave Venture. Everything works perfectly and she runs strong. Engine appears to be a 62T/62T 701 with the standard twin 38mm Mikuni's. She hits 46 MPH with two riders. The only issue was the rotting side grab handles.. I removed those and I may purchase a set if we feel they are needed.

This is a big boat and the only performance issue I find is a very slight cavitation from a dead stop.. And only if it is nailed with two riders onboard. So... I plan to install an aftermarket impeller this winter. I can't seem to find any specific AM impellers for this model. However, I assume many on here have upgraded from OEM.

1. Is this the same pump as an SJ?
    2. What pitch would you suggest?

Thanks for your input.

Nate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JSNate; 09-04-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Re: 1996 Wave Venture Impeller?

Call Impros, they'll get you hooked up. They carry several brands. And they'll find you a good one for your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in DE View Post
    Call Impros, they'll get you hooked up. They carry several brands. And they'll find you a good one for your ski.

Called with no luck getting through. I've purchased a ton of impellers off them over the years. I used their website and could not find one specific for my model at first. Then, I think I figured it out.. But, was hoping some on here could give me some feedback. I am fairly certain it is a 144 MM pump at this point.
    Last edited by JSNate; 09-04-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Yes it's the 144 pump. I'm out right now when I get home in a couple hrs and can get on my computer I'll post back with what info I can find for you. I have several charts on my laptop.
    Dave at Impros is good with figuring what you need based on your machine. He's picked a few for me and I've been very pleased.

sorry, last night turned hectic on me.
    based on the charts, your original impeller should be a 17/20 pitch. Solas recomends the concord YB-CD 13/17I for a stock motor. skat trak recomends the 14.5/18.5 superslimline. the Solas is the same as what I put in both my vxr pro's that are 701 motors but single carbed. I liked the results with the concord. I also used the concord in both of my GP800r.

again, Dave at Impros should be able to confirm those for you. he's helped me out numerous times with what to use based on what I've built.
    Last edited by Dave in DE; 09-05-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Thank you, Dave! I appreciate the information. Looking to gain more initial hit and acceleration. Top end at 46 MPH is pretty good for this big boat.

If your still on original impeller at 17/20 the 13/17 solas should be good for low end. Mine really lived up my old vxr's. Didn't add much to top end but made it a lot more playful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in DE View Post
    If your still on original impeller at 17/20 the 13/17 solas should be good for low end. Mine really lived up my old vxr's. Didn't add much to top end but made it a lot more playful.
    Perfect! That's what I will get then.

Thread Information