96 Seadoo GSX replaced rectifier, ignition still cuts out, remove red wire and....
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

96 Seadoo GSX replaced rectifier, ignition still cuts out, remove red wire and....

Hi, I'm new to seadoos, mechanically inclined, thankfully solved a problem thanks to the forum but still having issues.

Seadoo wouldn't initially run clean. Would start and idle perfect, get up on plane and would start missing, cutting out. Initially thought it was carbs since previous owner said it was sitting a while. Rebuilt carbs, fuel lines etc.. same thing but wouldn't even get up on plane. It was like it was hitting rev limiter. Pulled the red wire on the rectifier and ran perfect!

Installed new rectifier, seadoo gets up on plane, idles fine, but above 3500 all the way to WFO, ignition starts cutting in and out. New battery, new plugs...

Pull the red wire off the rectifier, runs absolutely perfect, no hesitations at any speed.

What am I missing here??? Charges perfect with new rectifier/regulator. 14.6V. Metered the yellow phases on the stator, each between themselves 0.8ohms, infinite resistance each phase to ground. Checked the ground plate where the rectifier is bolted, had 0 ohms from it to block, to rectifier housing etc.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts... I'm left scratching my head.
    Kyle

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 96 Seadoo GSX replaced rectifier, ignition still cuts out, remove red wire and...

I found last night I have .680 M ohm resistance to ground from the red purple wire coming out of the MPEM after the 5A fuse, with the fuse out. Is my MPEM grounded in that circuit or is that a normal measurement?

I also noticed my temperature light would flicker erratically above 3500 to 4000 rpm, with the rectifier red wire disconnected and left connected. Measured the tan wire off of the temp sensor to ground and it's got a .567 ohm ground.

Thread Information